What's new

Dallas Mavericks @ Utah Jazz GAME THREAD (Airing on TNT, January 19th, 2012 - 8:30 pm Utah time)

Good news is we open the half shooting a technical that was called on Dirk when the half ended.

Cut the lead to 8......

Harris is definitely a problem. I think he has had one good game all year. Earl needs more time. An above average point guard would be able to take this team to the playoffs. Devin Harris will not get it done.

Jim Burton: Dallas' length is frustrating the Jazz. Bigs can't get regular shots inside. Can't teach size (but can be purchased thru some infomercials).

I want to see Utah come out with the high energy, aggressive team play that they have had of late. I think they can turn this around and get the win. Let's go Utah!

He is a shoot-first point guard he doesn't even try to run the offense.

And Corbin needs to insist on running the offense--or at least some pick-and-rolls.

Yup, we are not running our offense well tonight. That is why I wish Hayward would stay in longer. We typically run the offense a lot better with him there.

Pulled after 6 mins in 1st quarter. Didn't get why. Others were bricking more than Hayward who was 0/1 at the time.....

6 minutes barely makes your pubes sweat....

I would like to See Jeremy Evans play a little. I think when he is out on the floor he energizes the crowd and players.

Yup, we are not running our offense well tonight. That is why I wish Hayward would stay in longer. We typically run the offense a lot better with him there.
Hayward's presence on the court was not helping the offense.

Pulled after 6 mins in 1st quarter. Didn't get why. Others were bricking more than Hayward who was 0/1 at the time.....

6 minutes barely makes your pubes sweat....
Yeah, Harris was bricking more than Hayward.

Miles was defending poorly on Marion, but at least he was scoring.

I'm not a fan of offense compensating for poor defense, but Hayward was not scoring.

I would like to See Jeremy Evans play a little. I think when he is out on the floor he energizes the crowd and players.
Yes, but he's not a good matchup vs. Marion, and he might have a tough time vs. Nowitzki.

I'd like to see a frontcourt of Millsap-Favors-Jefferson.

No movement underneath by Jefferson or Millsap. Ball moves into the corner and neither big is in position for an entry pass.

and our defense leaves too many open man, a good passing team and good shooting team would hurt us so badly

Nice to see Reggie Miller say what I am thinking. Dallas is using aggressive D to take the Jazz out of their game.