What's new

Dame Time

They missed the playoffs and Lauri wasn't a great fit with Allen/Mobley. Could've went Bogey + something for him.

Then guess what… Markkanen doesn’t become who he is now because he doesn’t get nearly the same usage with Mitchell on the team. Then Mitchell leaves in two years and we don’t have all of the Cleveland picks.

This is a useless discussion regardless because we made the right decision anyways and I’ll leave it at that.
Hopefully, it's useless because we don't make the dumb decision to trade for Damian Lillard.

If he comes here in free agency one day - sure, cool. Overpay him some - fine.

Trading assets for him - not a good idea. He's not that far from being Kemba Walker 2.0.

Cavs last year at this time: 36-25
Cavs currently: 38-23

Last year's Cavs by this point lost a lot more games to injury than this year's Cavs.

Truly amazing what landing a superstar like Mitchell can do for a franchise.
Last years Cavs team won 44 games with the 20th ranked offense and 7th ranked defense / 13th best net rating
This years Cavs team is on pace to 52 games with the 10th ranked offense and 1st ranked defense / 2nd best net rating

8 more wins, jumping 10 spots in offensive rating, 6 spots in defensive rating, and 11 spots in net rating is a massive improvement from one year to the next.

Now lets do Minnesota, lol. Amazing that Don got dragged for his defense, leaves and his new team is the best defensive team in the league while Rudy was considered a god amongst men on here and the Wolves literally got worse defensively...

Last years Cavs team won 44 games with the 20th ranked offense and 7th ranked defense / 13th best net rating
his years Cavs team is on pace to 52 games with the 10th ranked offense and 1st ranked defense / 2nd best net rating

8 more wins, jumping 10 spots in offensive rating, 6 spots in defensive rating, and 11 spots in net rating is a massive improvement from one year to the next.
Last year's Cavs team was crippled by injuries over the last 26 games and finished the season 9-17 which caused their overall season stats to divebomb.

Last year's Cavs team was crippled by injuries over the last 26 games and finished the season 9-17 which caused their overall season stats to divebomb.
Thankfully they traded for a non injury prone star that can help them make the leap from a lottery team to a contender then.

GSW will pay 38 year old Curry $60M in a few years. He doesn't show signs of slowing down when he plays, but he keeps missing games. A few of these massive contracts could work out great, but they could also be really terrible.
I wouldn't give up a lot to take the Dame gamble, for sure.

Thankfully they traded for a non injury prone star that can help them make the leap from a lottery team to a contender then.
He helped them make the leap from 36-25 to 38-23.

Not sure that was worth trading away an all-star + Sexton + 4 FRP's, but hey, what do I know.

GSW will pay 38 year old Curry $60M in a few years. He doesn't show signs of slowing down when he plays, but he keeps missing games. A few of these massive contracts could work out great, but they could also be really terrible.
I wouldn't give up a lot to take the Dame gamble, for sure.
If I was a GS fan, I can stomach giving Steph that. As a Portland fan, I cringe at that for Lillard.

Not sure that was worth trading away an all-star + Sexton + 4 FRP's, but hey, what do I know.
I wasn't aware that NBA seasons were only 61 games. How much do you want to bet the Cavs will finish with a better record, better offensive rating, and better defensive rating than they had last year?

I also highly doubt that ANYONE in their front office has any regrets about trading for him. Lauri averaged like 14 on 44% for them, they didn't want to pay Sexton and neither did any other team in the league last offseason.

Pure record isn't too much better, but statistics show that this team is much, much better than last year's surprise team. They are second in the league in net rating at +5.7. Granted, you would have hoped last season's team would have improved this season even without the trade given how young they were.

100% happy with the trade and wouldn't go back, but I think both sides can be happy with the outcome.