What's new

Dame Time

Dame turns 33 before this season starts. Cy is talking about trading 3 picks (our 9th this year) + 40+ million in fillers? Absolutely no way.

Just to give an idea of the "fillers" we would have to add to the trade:

Sexton, Kelly, Ochai, Simone, Luka, Brantley, Kris Dunn, and then 3+ picks for Dame? Hell no

Last edited:
I have no idea what you’re talking about but I do know we could take Dame’s salary on by just trading Sexton. That includes everyone opting into their player options and picking up KO’s option.
Not sure if you calculated in the three first round picks. Of course, if the picks are traded away first that doesn't matter, but players picked in first round are calculated in according to the CBA (even if the actual contract hasn't yet been signed with the rookie).

Not sure if you calculated in the three first round picks. Of course, if the picks are traded away first that doesn't matter, but players picked in first round are calculated in according to the CBA (even if the actual contract hasn't yet been signed with the rookie).
I included them.

Maybe Paul George if he becomes available? I'm not sure I would consider OG elite, but maybe?

View: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1659656444491210767

Based on the talk I hear about OG he is basically Scottie Pippen. Seriously heard multiple pods that were like #3 and Simons for OG... yeah no thanks... and I'm like Wuuuuutttttt. Simons is good... #3 is huge. OG is on an expiring deal... its looney tunes.

PG would make sense I guess but I think Clips gotta ride this thing out.

Based on the talk I hear about OG he is basically Scottie Pippen. Seriously heard multiple pods that were like #3 and Simons for OG... yeah no thanks... and I'm like Wuuuuutttttt. Simons is good... #3 is huge. OG is on an expiring deal... its looney tunes.

PG would make sense I guess but I think Clips gotta ride this thing out.

Yeah...I really like OG, but he's become very overrated by many.

The OG hype is the reason I want the Jazz to maybe max Jerami Grant. He comes in and does his thing and I bet you get a nice bag midseason for him. I get OG’s younger, a better defender, and on a relatively cheap deal, but he’s also not a very good scorer and he’s gonna be basically an expiring contract.

I’m still in love with stacking the assets within reason.

The OG hype is the reason I want the Jazz to maybe max Jerami Grant. He comes in and does his thing and I bet you get a nice bag midseason for him. I get OG’s younger, a better defender, and on a relatively cheap deal, but he’s also not a very good scorer and he’s gonna be basically an expiring contract.

I’m still in love with stacking the assets within reason.
I’d be fine if we parlayed him into more assets, but didn’t he recently go for one protected pick? I think I’d be higher on him as a player if he didn’t rebound like a point guard.

I live in Portland and they said on the radio today that he met with the upper brass today fwiw…

I saw that...the Blazers GM released a statement after the meeting saying that they are committed to keeping Dame and building a winning team around him. Obviously in the NBA things could change fast though.

Dame too expensive.

Am intrigued by what Demar Derozan would cost though. A better version of Clarkson albeit spacing on the court would start to get interesting.

I saw that...the Blazers GM released a statement after the meeting saying that they are committed to keeping Dame and building a winning team around him. Obviously in the NBA things could change fast though.
I’m sorry, no way Dane stays. Just no way. He’ll be in Miami before all is said and done I believe. Pdx has nothing to offer him now

This franchise is so dumb at times. In that private meeting they were selling to Dame that they are in "win now" and building around him. If that is true they are probably gonna trade Scoot to get a splash player who doesnt overlap. What they should do is realize that they are so far away from being a contender that they cannot hope to retool, jel and contend fast enough before Dame hits his "best before" date. I bet most of the fans would rather seem them start fresh and build around Scoot and their other promising/good young guys.

View: https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1673509656084492289?s=20

Does scoot get traded for PG13? Man, if I was a Blazer fan, I'd be begging for them to take Miami's offer for Dams