What's new

Dame Time

Ok a few thoughts

I dont want anything to do with Tyler Herron. It would take 2 or 3 of Sexton, Clarkson, Olynyk and/or THT to get him. That is more than we would get by getting him.

I only want Dame if we still have enough assets left to make an all in move for Doncic if/when he becomes available.

Could you imagine

Dame
Doncic
Markkanen
Collins
Kessler

I think the rationale for acquiring Dame is that he's a star with some roots in Utah who is signed for 4 years. It puts the Jazz in a position where they are one or two moves away from real contention, and the Jazz should still have the assets to make those additional moves.

If you're someone like Joel Embiid, Jaylen Brown or Luka Doncic, you can look over at Utah and say, "Yeah, if I join those guys, we can make the Finals."

It's like when Boston traded for Ray Allen first to make Kevin Garnett willing to come to Boston.

Last edited:
Dame is hell bent on going to Miami.
Cronin is hell bent on getting a superstar package.

Both of those things cannot happen simultaneously with the pieces Miami is waving around.... so the question is who has to give in?

If other teams are afraid they get a malcontent 33+ year old on a 60M/y contract then Cronins dream isnt reality. No one sells the farm for that.

I think the process will draw out and Portland will ask Dame to expand his list of destinations.

Yeah I agree.

I mean what’s the rush? The seasons not starting for another 3 months at least.

Also Portland has absolutely nothing to gain by appeasing Dame.

When Ben Simmons asked out of Philadelphia and started playing games with therapists, Darryl Morey slow-walked the process for the better part of a year. Then when James Harden quit on Houston, Morey moved things along.

What happens if Luka Doncic, Joel Embiid, James Harden or Jaylen Brown ask for a trade? Then everything gets reset.

Last edited:
Probably a good call… unless someone gives something up for Herro… this could hold things up a bit.

BRK said they'd take Herro, but that they wanted compensation to do it. Lol. The whole point of moving Herro is to bring back a plus-return to use in a package for Portland.

BRK said they'd take Herro, but that they wanted compensation to do it. Lol. The whole point of moving Herro is to bring back a plus-return to use in a package for Portland.
There should be a team out there willing to take him… not sure there will be a lot of draft stuff coming back. If we didn’t have sexton and JC I’d be interested.

When Wemby peaks there will be nothing then Jazz can do. We have 3 to 4 years max to get it done.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to be in San Antonio’s shoes right now, but so much has to happen for Wemby and the Spurs to become an unbeatable force in the west.

First, dude’s gotta live up to the massive hype, sustain it, and do it while managing to stay healthy. Then, the Spurs have to surround him with the right team.

I remember being concerned about Greg Oden arriving in Portland…..

Last edited:
I would trade THT/KO + a first for Herro. Might just be me though. I’m a fan especially for that price.
I just struggle to see Hero as an impact player, and if he’s better than anyone of THT, JC, or Sexton, it’s not by much if at all and you have us trading two skilled rotation players and a first? Doesn’t seem worth it to me.

If we do trade for Dame, as far as I am concerned it will kill this franchise for the next decade. He is at this point overrated.
F we trade for Dame, it gives us skin in the game and makes us contenders with an outside shot at a title. I don’t think we’d win it but ruin the franchise is a huge overstatement. For the record I’d pass on dame and wait for a better viable long term option.
I would trade THT/KO + a first for Herro. Might just be me though. I’m a fan especially for that price.

Listened to a bit of Locked on Heat podcast. They talked like it was a foregone conclusion that they’d get Dame. Sounded so much like NYK media last summer.

I can’t for the life of me understand the argument that POR should “do right by Dame” and just send him where he wants to go, regardless of what the trade package looks like. So, it’s all under the guise that it’ll earn the franchise goodwill with future players???

Dame’s circle doing mad PR spin…

Listened to a bit of Locked on Heat podcast. They talked like it was a foregone conclusion that they’d get Dame. Sounded so much like NYK media last summer.

I can’t for the life of me understand the argument that POR should “do right by Dame” and just send him where he wants to go, regardless of what the trade package looks like. So, it’s all under the guise that it’ll earn the franchise goodwill with future players???

Dame’s circle doing mad PR spin…
Dame’s fault. He could’ve moved on long ago but he chose to stay. Blazers owe him nothing this is a business after all and Blazers org needs to do what’s best for them and the fans not Dame. He’s made a lot of money from the blazers. What exactly do they owe him?

I hate when people try to cherry pick numbers and don't give the whole picture. Also I am well aware of how good Lauri was last year. Lets actually look at Murrays numbers from January to the end of the year to get a real picture of how well he was playing. Another thing to consider with Lauri since you want to focus so much on TS% is that in November and December Lauri had 2 of the most insane shooting months that we have ever seen from any player in nba history and that is probably not repeatable. The last 3 months of the year we saw a gradual decline in those percentages. That isn't a knock on Lauri because he was great but I don't think any of us expect him to ever have a 2 month shooting stretch like that again in his career.

January- 22.1pts, 5.8asts, 4.6rbs, 48.1%fg, 45.1%3pt
February- 25.2pts, 7.7asts, 3.8rbs, 47.1%fg, 37.1%3pt
March- 20.2pts, 7asts, 3.9rbs, 44.2%fg, 43.6%3pt
April- He only played 3 games and one of which was only 9 minutes since the nugs had the 1 seed rapped up.
I wouldn’t bet against Lauri repeating those insane numbers you mentioned. The dude hasn’t entered his prime yet. He’s gonna improve and who knows how good he will be in the next 4 years when he reaches his peak level.

This is off topic, but is he still in the army? Sucks if he is. Can’t develop his basketball skills like other players do during the summer. If he’s still there, I’m sure he couldn’t get out fast enough if he was allowed to leave.