What's new

Dame Time

The problem is they can’t take on Nurkic without Miami having to send back Robinson which doesn’t help at all.
Lowry, Herro, Jacquez, Jovic for Dame and Nurk should work. Its almost certainly a 3 or 4 team deal so Herro goes elsewhere.

THT/KO/1st for Herro
I think we try and finesse Milwaukee into providing the first and send Sexton to them in a multi-team deal. I wouldn't do THT/KO and a first for Herro... at least not one of the good firsts we own.

Herro's already as good as Clarkson has ever been and is 8 years younger. There's a chance that he can continue to improve as he gets into his prime.

I'm more excited about Keyonte in the long term than Tyler Herro. The only reason to trade for Herro is if we're getting a sweet deal on him (like we did with John Collins). That's not going to be the case, since Miami needs a big return to put into a Dame Lillard trade.

Even if Dame ends up giving in, the highest bid is not what it would have been in a normal bidding race.

So damage has already been done by this campaign, and in a very calculated fashion (to give Miami a chance to win the race they had no chance to win).

Herro's already as good as Clarkson has ever been and is 8 years younger. There's a chance that he can continue to improve as he gets into his prime.

I think I'd actually take Clarkson over Herro. Herro doesn't have advanced self-creation. He's a second-side guy.

With all due respect, I think this is an awful take- but that’s just my opinion of course.

I think it’s fair to say that since being drafted by Portland, Dame wanted to make it work in Portland. Badly. He wasn’t one of these starry eyed young players who get drafted by one of the smaller market teams in the NBA and almost immediately start plotting an escape with their agent in an attempt to land with a larger market team behind closed doors. Look at Donovan and even Hayward as perfect examples of what Dame isn’t.

Dame didn’t refuse contract extensions and enter free agency simply because he never wanted to leave. He wanted to stay in Portland and win in Portland. In the meantime, he made several All-NBA teams which inflated his earning potential. Was he supposed to be the first player in NBA history to say “No thanks, please don’t give me all that money.”?

I’m sure once Portland secured the #3 overall pick in this year’s draft, Dame and his management wanted to see what route Portland was going to take from there. Maybe Portland wanted to draft Scoot and start a rebuild, or maybe they tried to leverage the pick in a trade in order to bring in veteran talent and make one more run with Dame but the right offer never presented itself. Either way, once Scoot was selected and it was clear that the window of Portland contending during the Dame era was officially over, Dame had a decision to make.

In hindsight. if Dame is guilty of anything, it’s hanging in with Portland for too long. He should have made this demand 2-3 years ago, but I believe it’s because the dude genuinely wanted to only play for 1 team his entire career and win a title there. Now he’s on a compressed time schedule and is trying to force his way to a team that he feels presents his best chance to win a title in what little time he has left. Does that make him an *******? I certainly don’t think so but a lot of people are certainly gonna feel differently.
With all due respect, this is an awful take, but that’s just my opinion.

If we traded Sexton in a deal for Herro I’d want THT/Herro to start with Clarkson as 6th man.

Plenty of Blazers fans are frustrated that the Blazers have been so reluctant to make win now moves in the context of all of this.

On a mostly unrelated note, I would rather have Jerami Grant and his new deal than Collins on this deal.
There’s a lot of potential for the Grant contract having more value if Collins continues to struggle and decline.

I don't want Danny to trade Sexton. The Young Bull makes us win games. He'll be better than ever in the coming season. Look at his efficiency. Why can't folks see it? He's not like THT who can't shoot the ball in the basket unless he dunks. Sexton is fire. We need him.

There’s a lot of potential for the Grant contract having more value if Collins continues to struggle and decline.
Grant is just such a seamless fit in so many situations that he will have value so long as he is healthy. Likely puts up big numbers in Portland and is flipped for a first by the trade deadline.

Just watching this thing unfold with dame, Portland and Miami gives me a deeper respect and appreciation for DM and how he just did no talking or circumventing in the media, for all we no we might not have gotten Markkanen if not for Mitchell’s silence.
He did us a solid... guessing his second go around he will be a little be louder about his preferences... its coming soon.

I don't want Danny to trade Sexton. The Young Bull makes us win games. He'll be better than ever in the coming season. Look at his efficiency. Why can't folks see it? He's not like THT who can't shoot the ball in the basket unless he dunks. Sexton is fire. We need him.
He has his shortcomings, but I mostly agree, love his game. He’s not the ball stopper I always thought he was. He’s just so small, not really a pg, and misses passes he should make. He’s not a good defender on size alone. He gives effort though puts pressure on defenses plays bigger than he is on offense, gets to the line and finishes well and a good shooter.