What's new

Dame Time

Yes, because we don't know what the ACTUAL Miami offer is. Opening it up to more teams gives many more options to get a deal with three team trades. Maybe no one is interested in Tyler Herro for a first, but they might be interested in some of the Clippers pieces. Competition makes Miami cough up their max offer.

I also like how you left off Philly and Boston (better championship contenders than some of your other teams) who could absolutely come up with better offers than Miami's best offer.
Mentioned them before... Philly has one pick of their own they can offer... Boston can offer Jaylen Brown... which they may not do whether they were on the "list" or not. So please tell me the offer that Philly gives that is absolutely better than what Miami is giving... it will rely on like at least two other transactions.

All the posturing eventually gets the best offer out of Miami... that offer is adequate. Most here simply dismiss the package cuz its not a crazy overpay like many stars have received the last couple years. The threat of a darkhorse willing to give like 3 firsts a young player and some salary should be enough to tease out the best Miami offer.

Just watching this thing unfold with dame, Portland and Miami gives me a deeper respect and appreciation for DM and how he just did no talking or circumventing in the media, for all we no we might not have gotten Markkanen if not for Mitchell’s silence.
I think you raise a valid point about Donovan keeping it private, but there’s a flip side to that and it is that Dame gave his all for Portland for over a decade and I believe that his desire to stay there and win there was 100% genuine. There was a brief honeymoon period between Donovan and Utah but it didn’t last very long before he was more interested in escaping to NY or some other big market.

I think it’s more than fair for people to question how Dame has handled his exit from Portland thus far, but I’m pretty damn jealous that the Blazers had an All NBA superstar give the city and the organization everything he had for 10+ years.

Who knows where the Jazz would be right now if Donovan had approached his time in Utah the same way.

Also worth to note that Miamis picks are in '27 and beyond. A team entering a rebuild usually prefers picks that realize now rather than later, so I bet Portland would rather take Jovic and Jacquez and 1 less FRP than 2 FRPS that are 4-7 years out.

I mean they already got Scoot and Sharpe. They need to add more youth in short term to properly start the rebuild.

Its also worth noting how few actual reports there are about internal discussions let alone calls made by other suitors.

Other teams are holding out until there is some kind of resolution. I bet Cronin is pissed that his phone is so silent.

“For teams calling about trading for Damian Lillard, the message from the Portland Trail Blazers has been unambiguous: Bring your best offer and make your team our preferred trade destination. General manager Joe Cronin doesn't plan to operate a transfer portal to the Miami Heat and dutifully deliver history's greatest Blazer to his targeted team.

Ownership plans to honor Lillard's request for a trade, but Blazers officials are telling teams they'll move Lillard for only the deepest return of assets available. Portland is pursuing the sliding scale superstar package of desirable draft picks and high-level young players. For the summer, Cronin's betting the market over Miami.”

Exactly what I would do…

I’m just gonna go ahead and bow out of the convo and come back in when Miami trades for him and the package isn’t as bad as people think it is. Some of the guys in here saying the package is garbage are the same dunces that said we got magic beans for Rudy.

I’m just gonna go ahead and bow out of the convo and come back in when Miami trades for him and the package isn’t as bad as people think it is. Some of the guys in here saying the package is garbage are the same dunces that said we got magic beans for Rudy.
I don’t recall a single person questioning the return we got on Rudy.

The Gobert trade was pretty much universally praised here.

Like I genuinely don't remember a single person here who was unhappy with it.

The Gobert trade was pretty much universally praised here.

Like I genuinely don't remember a single person here who was unhappy with it.

You don’t remember the guys who said we traded a car for 4 hub caps and lottery tickets? Plus the picks are going to be in the late 20’s so why is everyone excited over them? It definitely happened.

You don’t remember the guys who said we traded a car for 4 hub caps and lottery tickets? Plus the picks are going to be in the late 20’s so why is everyone excited over them? It definitely happened.
Maybe I didn't see it, but I certainly don't remember it, and I was one of the biggest Gobert fans here.

Just wondering who in this thread HH is referring to as the "same dunces" that criticized the Gobert trade.

Maybe I didn't see it, but I certainly don't remember it, and I was one of the biggest Gobert fans here.

Just wondering who in this thread HH is referring to as the "same dunces" that criticized the Gobert trade.
There were several magic beans posters… I might be confusing two convos… and maybe you were the one pumping the Conley trade as trading for a second round pick… it’s fairly useless to argue with folks on potential trade return if they are that disingenuous in their post trade analysis. There were several claiming we had traded Rudy for some late first round picks and getting high on our own supply OKC style.

There were several magic beans posters… I might be confusing two convos… and maybe you were the one pumping the Conley trade as trading for a second round pick… it’s fairly useless to argue with folks on potential trade return if they are that disingenuous in their post trade analysis. There were several claiming we had traded Rudy for some late first round picks and getting high on our own supply OKC style.
So... who in this thread are the "same dunces" that were bashing the Gobert trade?

So... who in this thread are the "same dunces" that were bashing the Gobert trade?
I was referring to you but said I may have confused two conversations… trust me there were people… so you may not have been one of those dunces… but they were out there. Go dig it out if you want to take a trip down memory lane.

You were the dunce calling the Conley trade bad cuz we traded for a second… I’m fairly sure which is why I’m going to just wait for the actual trade and for everyone to tell me how OKC would have offered twice what Miami did but Dame screwed Portland with his list.

I was referring to you but said I may have confused two conversations… trust me there were people… so you may not have been one of those dunces… but they were out there. Go dig it out if you want to take a trip down memory lane.
Buddy, you're the one who made the claim that the same people in this thread arguing with you now are the ones who hated the Gobert trade. Burden of proof is on you.

You were the dunce calling the Conley trade bad cuz we traded for a second… I’m fairly sure which is why I’m going to just wait for the actual trade and for everyone to tell me how OKC would have offered twice what Miami did but Dame screwed Portland with his list.
lol

If you're going to go the whole ad-hominem route, at least get your facts straight.