What's new

Dame wants out of Portland?

416Klawzz

Just for salary, you’d have to start at Rudy and add filler. I would take Dame, but don’t see POR doing that.

Much more likely that a team like Boston would have to give up Jaylon Brown and company or OKC would need to trade in a ton of assets.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere and it’s more likely they’d trade McCollum.

Then that will be that
meloai.jpg

Just for salary, you’d have to start at Rudy and add filler. I would take Dame, but don’t see POR doing that.

Much more likely that a team like Boston would have to give up Jaylon Brown and company or OKC would need to trade in a ton of assets.

Clarkson, Ingles, Bojan would work salary wise.

Dame is my favorite non-Jazz player in the NBA. But we shouldn’t trade for Dame. He is not at all what this team is missing or needs.

Now, if there’s a fire sale in Portland, do pick up RoCo.

Last edited:
This was 4 years ago, so obviously he may not still feel this way. Still interesting though.

Also, unless Portland is really interested in having the Rudy Gobert experience, we have nothing they would want except for Donovan.

I imagine it’s a total rebuild for them if Dame demands out. We have no young players they would want.

Rudy and filler for Dame? Sign me up cowboy!

I was driving around listening to National CBS Sports talk radio and the host made the Lakers the favorite to procure Dame's service.

What is with all these superstars wanting out from their team
Every team has a player who does not like how they have been treated
It's getting like musical chairs
Then when they get to new team they don't like it there either

I was driving around listening to National CBS Sports talk radio and the host made the Lakers the favorite to procure Dame's service.
They’re wrong it’s the Knicks according to Vegas wtf do the Lakers have to offer? (BTW this could potentially be good for us if the Knicks give up every asset they have and take up their cap space for old Dame)

Last edited:
What is with all these superstars wanting out from their team
Every team has a player who does not like how they have been treated
It's getting like musical chairs
Then when they get to new team they don't like it there either
Yeah this one got weird quick. Portland hired Billups, it was made to look like Dame approved of Billups, which I think he did but they neglected to tell him about Billups prior issues and Dame took a lot of backlash all around for backing Billups hiring. Even Haynes report doesn’t say he will ask out, it just says he might. There was another report mentioning other stars have been trying to get him to leave for weeks but that Dame was resistant to that, but the coach thing has definitely frustrated him. Honestly the next CBA may become interesting, because owners aren’t going to let contracts be meaningless entirely.