What's new

Danny Ainge hired as CEO of basketball operations

Governor is the PC term for owner, but they did give him alternate governor title, as I believe they would have something like “board of governors” for the league and this allows a guy to be in on that role who’s been involved in every level of the league.
I'd like to think they all have big gaudy scepters that they have to show to gain entrance into the meetings, and this allows Ainge to use a slightly shorter one with less bling.

In effort to be positive, here’s another:

We won’t have to listen to any more draft or trade deadline discussion where we’re told how aggressive the FO is being but having those reports be the only evidence of it.

Also, Ainge makes outgoing calls.

You replied to my post that listed out several different things Ainge had a bad rep for. It wasn't all of a sudden lol. There's a lot of things he has bad rep for, I do agree that being difficult to trade with is still somewhat speculation...but like I said, I don't think he got that reputation from being unlucky.
The stuff that came out of Danny’s mouth can be evaluated directly and discussed on their own merits (or lack thereof). I don’t think we need to fold any of that into speculation about his reputation within the various front offices.

I promise you that NBA trades are driven by what assets a team has to work with and how they decide to make them available and absolutely ZERO to do with the celebrity status of the opposing GM. And if reports are true, Ainge’s current reputation may actually lead opposing GM’s to not even pick up the phone.

This was a fanboy/buddy hire made by our owner and it stinks to high hell.
Prediction: This comment won’t age well.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Check out them good old boys. As soon as he hires his old institute professor as a consultant his BYU cadre will be complete!

I'd like to think they all have big gaudy scepters that they have to show to gain entrance into the meetings, and this allows Ainge to use a slightly shorter one with less bling.
They all have tattoos of a pair of lips in invisible ink directly on their sphincters that they have to show to gain entrance. They get to take turns using the black light to check the tattoos at the door.

So by this logic, the only team that ever needs any of our assets is the Cleveland Cavaliers? When all of your trades happen with a limited amount of clubs things become clearer.

There are several articles by people who have access to GMs that paint a better picture of how Ainge is thought of than what you get on fan message boards.

Zanic may be a better GM than Ainge, but you are going to have to take that on faith as Ainge has a proven track record.
What is Ainge's proven track record? He has done some good things and he won a ring but he had a lot to work with.

What is Ainge's proven track record? He has done some good things and he won a ring but he had a lot to work with.
He traded scraps for Ray Allen and scraps for Kevin Garnett and won a title. He then parlayed Pierce and Garnett into a lot of assets when he could have stayed the course. He accumulated the most impressive amount of assets. He also squandered that, but he did accumulate those. He built a few teams that had ECF runs and traded the #1 pick when it was a consensus Markelle Fultz and moved back down to 3 where he took Tatum. He was able to get Tatum and Brown from the New Jersey deals. If you say he had a lot to work with to get the haul from New Jersey, then I'd ask what we got in return for Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, Kyle Korver, and others. He also managed to get a TPE for Hayward when we didn't. Granted, he was on the other end of that, but we boob about how Ainge is an ******* that nobody wants to work with yet Jordan still gave him a TPE... and DL was left entirely empty-handed.

He traded scraps for Ray Allen and scraps for Kevin Garnett and won a title. He then parlayed Pierce and Garnett into a lot of assets when he could have stayed the course. He accumulated the most impressive amount of assets. He also squandered that, but he did accumulate those. He built a few teams that had ECF runs and traded the #1 pick when it was a consensus Markelle Fultz and moved back down to 3 where he took Tatum. He was able to get Tatum and Brown from the New Jersey deals. If you say he had a lot to work with to get the haul from New Jersey, then I'd ask what we got in return for Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, Kyle Korver, and others. He also managed to get a TPE for Hayward when we didn't. Granted, he was on the other end of that, but we boob about how Ainge is an ******* that nobody wants to work with yet Jordan still gave him a TPE... and DL was left entirely empty-handed.
Largely the reason most think he is a boob is indeed because he gets away with **** people see as unfair. Could be a good thing for us going forward. Let us be on the high end of the unfair trade for once.

Largely the reason most think he is a boob is indeed because he gets away with **** people see as unfair. Could be a good thing for us going forward. Let us be on the high end of the unfair trade for once.
Yeah, it’s the opposite end of the spectrum from “hey, we’ll throw in a second round pick just because, even though you’re going to turn around and trade this guy for a second round pick.”

Yeah, it’s the opposite end of the spectrum from “hey, we’ll throw in a second round pick just because, even though you’re going to turn around and trade this guy for a second round pick.”
Why are you trying to take away the narrative that Danny is out on an island as far as deal-making practices and philosophy is concerned? Can’t you just leave some folks the cudgel they need? They thank you in advance.