What's new

Danny Ainge Over/Under on Donovan Mitchell Trade w/ Knicks

What will Danny get in unprotected picks and players from Knicks?

• Danny will get OVER 3.5 unprotected first round picks

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Danny will get UNDER 3.5 unprotected first round picks

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Danny will get ALL of these players included: RJ Barrett, Grimes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danny will get NONE of these players included: RJ Barrett, Grimes

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

mdalby

It sounds like the Knicks are currently offering 2 unprotected 1st rounders and Danny is requesting 4 unprotected.

If the Knicks get Danny to budge to 3, then I think the Knicks will consider this a win.

Lots of information/misinformation regarding Barrett. Sounds like the Knicks would prefer to keep both Barrett and Grimes.

If Danny gets 4 UPFPs, Barrett and Grimes, even if we turn around and trade Barrett, Danny is just imposing his will on the Knicks.

I think the compromise is 3 unprotected (23/25/27) plus 3 protected. Hoping to get Dallas 23 and Milwaukee 25 as two of the three included. Likely Toppin + Quickley as well.

If we got Barrett + 4 unprotected my god that would be best case scenario. I want no part of trading Barrett after though we would definitely keep him.

It sounds like the Knicks are currently offering 2 unprotected 1st rounders and Danny is requesting 4 unprotected.

If the Knicks get Danny to budge to 3, then I think the Knicks will consider this a win.

Lots of information/misinformation regarding Barrett. Sounds like the Knicks would prefer to keep both Barrett and Grimes.

If Danny gets 4 UPFPs, Barrett and Grimes, even if we turn around and trade Barrett, Danny is just imposing his will on the Knicks.
I like the idea here… poll is a little flawed (I mean it’s tough not to have holes when there are like 40 possibles combos.

Jazz get under 3.5 unprotected picks… Jazz get one of RJ or Grimes and I think it may end up being RJ because the fit with Grimes is so much easier for the Knicks (cap and on court).

If they get none of those guys they might get the 4 picks but I really think NY may pay more in other areas to allow themselves the chance to trade a couple more of their own picks down the line.

The big thing is Danny… does he take 80-90 percent of his enormous ask? I think he should as it’s too hard to walk two paths.

The big thing is Danny… does he take 80-90 percent of his enormous ask? I think he should as it’s too hard to walk two paths.

Danny take the $1.50 on the dollar vs holding out for $1.75 on the dollar if it means a deal gets done before training camp.

I think it will be 3 unprotected, 5 total with toppin and quickley.

Jazz will have 5 picks in 2023 and draft the first fab 5 to play in the NBA

Everything I read suggests that it’s a staring contest to see who blinks first. As it applies to unprotected picks, that’ll be us OR it’s a Mexican Standoff cause there’s no way in hell New York is going to mortgage their future plans (third banana) for a second tier Allstar. Barrett or possibly Grimes, Toppin and filler, that’s the deal, we either take it or leave it. And if we leave it, we pay the bigger price regardless what the spin doctors are trying to sell.