What's new

Danny Ainge values quality over character

Also the OP has some very questionable sentences in there. We took Hayward over George? What is that hinting at? What character issues did Paul George have?
Don't read too much in to it ya ******.

The point of the thread is that its probably not the days of yesterday year in Utah. I suspect Ainge will be more comfortable taking a player with some baggage if it is the right B-BALL move. Dennis wouldn't have entertained the same crew.

This isn't a judgement on whether its a good thing or not. Just pointing out the potential for a shift.

Is character over quality a Jazz way or the Miller's way?

I'm not saying who ia right or wrong, but there is a new boss in town and things are going to be diferent.
Stockton was and is a major douche and Malone raped and impregnated a teen. I also remember drafting Luther wright, DeShawn Stevenson, and Kirk Snyder. I think this whole “The Millers only cared about character” schtick needs to be re-examined.

Remember how we acquired Boozer? Remember drafting Deron (not the most charming person ever)?

Ironically, Ostertag always seemed like a harmless cool Teddy Bear despite being at times the most hated player.

Stockton was and is a major douche and Malone raped and impregnated a teen. I also remember drafting Luther wright, DeShawn Stevenson, and Kirk Snyder. I think this whole “The Millers only cared about character” schtick needs to be re-examined.

Remember how we acquired Boozer? Remember drafting Deron (not the most charming person ever)?

Ironically, Ostertag always seemed like a harmless cool Teddy Bear despite being at times the most hated player.
There's definitely been some revisionist history about the Millers. My grandpa and Larry had a long standing rivalry in the fastpitch softball world in the 70s/80s/90s. I'm not saying Larry was a bad guy or necessarily wanted bad guys on his teams but he wasn't against overlooking issues if it meant you were a good player.