What's new

danny green has JAZZ DNA

Love Danny Green but I don't think the Jazz will have cap space this Summer after presumably keeping a lot of the non-guaranteed deals and resigning Exum/Favors.

Green would have been a good fit for our team last year. Now? Not so much (not that he's not a good fit, he's just not as valuable to us now vs. last year). What would we get out of him that we couldn't get out of Ingles, Crowder, and O'Neale?

I like Danny Green. . . but he’s on the wrong side of 30, won’t be a starter here, is looking for a new contract and has only scored more than 10 ppg in 2/9 seasons. He’s not the answer. Jazz are better off hoping Exum makes a jump and can provide Danny Green level production.

The Jazz probably dont have cap-space this off-season to sign players other than minimum contracts, and I doubt they want to sign anymore mid level exception type role players. They probably want to keep cap flexibility to try and sign an all-star in 2019.

Are we retaining our non-guaranteed?

Meh. Royce is comparable and younger.
They are pretty different. Right now O'Neale doesnt even like to attempt above the break 3's. He seems like he could eventually get there tho.

Danny Green seems to be declining though. I wouldnt want to sign him. He is pretty much just an off-ball player too. O'Neale is more of a play facilitator w/ some on-ball skills.