What's new

Dante`s final contract year

Hedda Gambler

I stumbled upon this article on RealGM last night:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...ntract-on-each-nba-team-in-2018-19/ar-BBQw12e

We don`t have many bad contracts so Dante`s was the obvious choice here. But, the interesting thing is this detail from the piece:

"Still, Exum is just 23 years old, so although the early return on investment isn't great, there's plenty of time for that to change. Plus, even if it doesn't, at least the third year of his deal is non-guaranteed, so Utah can get out of the contract without paying the full $33 million."

I have not seen this mentioned before. If this is true, it is huge for the Jazz. Since I haven`t seen in mentioned I reckon it to not be true, though.

I could of swore I heard it too. Thought it was smart business to give us an out on Favors after 1 and Exum after 2.

Some of those salary sites are off pretty regularly. And for as tight lipped as the Jazz are, it would not shock me if we didn't spread it as much as a large market team might.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

His contract is fully guaranteed for all 3 years. Favors is the one that was not guaranteed and people just don’t pay attention.

It was mentioned when he signed.

I remember it as quite the opposite... I think I heard there were no options when it was signed.

This is one of the Jazz's biggest mysteries. It could be that Realgm looked at the spotrac sheet... that seems to be an error. We need Mulder and Scully... the truth is out there.

His contract is fully guaranteed for all 3 years. Favors is the one that was not guaranteed and people just don’t pay attention.

This has been my understanding since the contract was signed. The article is very likely wrong. If it were correct, though, it would be pretty ****ing awesome for the Jazz.

I've found basketballinsiders to be the most reliable source about contracts. Here's their page on the Jazz:
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/utah-jazz-team-salary/

His contract is 9.6M flat and fully guaranteed for the 3 years and can get to 11M each year based on incentives. I don't know what the incentives are.
This is one aspect that a lot of people have been misquoting. They keep saying his contract is $11mm, but it's actually the $9.6, which is not huge, but it isn't insignificant either.

This is one aspect that a lot of people have been misquoting. They keep saying his contract is $11mm, but it's actually the $9.6, which is not huge, but it isn't insignificant either.
I hate this thinking. That we should be alright with a bad gamble that costs more than the MLE EVERY YEAR.

I keep hoping Dante will make my lack of faith look stupid, but he’s mostly done that to his supporters, and most importantly the organization.