What's new

DANTE TRADED TO CAVS

Which of those core players would be gone or have a diminished role is we got a Bobby portis?
I'm thinking Ed Davis and niang would be effected.
Our current core would still be a part of the new core, IF portis even played a big enough role to be considered a core piece.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Royce and possibly Ingles(when Conley is back), since Portis will take a huge chunk of minutes at the forward spot.

Royce and possibly Ingles(when Conley is back), since Portis will take a huge chunk of minutes at the forward spot.
Agree to disagree. Those guys and their role on the team ain't going anywhere.

Well Tony I do think we should/will trade Clarkson before deadline for a starting PF just not sure if you'd consider that as an ajustment to the “core of the team”. I hardly see us keeping him past May.

interesting. The guys I don’t see going anywhere for the next year and a half: Mitchell, Gobert, Ingles, Bogdanovic, Conley, O’Neale....I think the Jazz are most committed to those six. They really like the young guys and are trying to develop them. They will likely have a first. They have the full midlevel this summer, which is big because I think that 9 million will get them a good player.

interesting. The guys I don’t see going anywhere for the next year and a half: Mitchell, Gobert, Ingles, Bogdanovic, Conley, O’Neale....I think the Jazz are most committed to those six. They really like the young guys and are trying to develop them. They will likely have a first. They have the full midlevel this summer, which is big because I think that 9 million will get them a good player.
Do we really wanna wait till the summer though. That is the problem. Our window really should be this season given the age of Ingles Conley and Bojan. And we all know DM and Royce will get paid in the summer. So we really should focus on building the best team possible to compete now to avoid any potential complications in the summer/next season.

Then we ain't going anywhere with our title hope. Another first/second round finish? Then sure
Agree to disagree.
I think the bench needs to get better (and maybe has with the addition of Clarkson and Brantley or Howard playing more) but the core of the team is fine.

Do we really wanna wait till the summer though. That is the problem. Our window really should be this season given the age of Ingles Conley and Bojan. And we all know DM and Royce will get paid in the summer. So we really should focus on building the best team possible to compete now to avoid any potential complications in the summer/next season.
Bojan is only 30 so age shouldn’t be a concern with him yet. Also, the jazz front office agrees with you. That’s why they traded for Clarkson.

Near the bottom? They were the bottom but Mudiay is really starting to break out

They all have moments. Mudiay has been doing great. Ed is needed - we are even worse without him. Jeff Green had great games - even though he is gone now. Niang has shot it well. But collectively it is not working...there are just huge droughts.

Thank you for the feedback. I think most who read my stuff and see the news I break would disagree with the “knows nothing” part.
Well, to be more accurate most of the stuff Tony Jones said regarding Exum since pretty much the draft turned out to be false. How he is so much valued by the FO and coaching staff, how Mudiay is just insurance policy and some other gibberish about how he beats everybody in sprint drills in practices - I can't recall exactly TBH, but who cares? At the end - whatever Tony Jones posts - not worth even paying attention IMHO.

Last edited:
Well, to be more accurate mos of the stuff Tony Jones said regarding Exum since pretty much the draft turned out to be false. How he is so much valued by the FO and coaching staff, how Mudiay is just insurance policy and some other gibberish about how he beats everybody in sprint drills in practices - I can't recall exactly TBH, but who cares? At the end - whatever Tony Jones posts - not worth even paying attention IMHO.

sounds good!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!

Bojan is only 30 so age shouldn’t be a concern with him yet. Also, the jazz front office agrees with you. That’s why they traded for Clarkson.
Well does FO agree with me or any other fans here on the fact that we need a PF and Clarkson isn't one? Then I don't really think there is any agreement...

Well does FO agree with me or any other fans here on the fact that we need a PF and Clarkson isn't one? Then I don't really think there is any agreement...
Well, first of all, the Jazz needed to get out from under Exum's contract, which they not only did but added a desperately needed scorer to the bench -- kudos to the Jazz FO. The PF position is another issue. Hopefully, they will be able to address it before the trade deadline.

This is hilarious reaction by probably one of our Exum homers.... jazz? tragic? utahjazzz is that you?

These guys are the SLC punks... I used to listen because I thought they were kinda funny, but they generally have no clue about basketball and how things work... couldn’t do it anymore.

This is hilarious reaction by probably one of our Exum homers.... jazz? tragic? utahjazzz is that you?

I didn't think it was possible to get more Dante homerism than the aussie fan boys here but good lord, this guy's take is terrible!

Reactions: MVP
These guys are the SLC punks... I used to listen because I thought they were kinda funny, but they generally have no clue about basketball and how things work... couldn’t do it anymore.

Hansen James is entertaining at times, but he's been mailing it in for quite a while now. His post game shows are a bore. I question sometimes if he even watched the game.

He was on the Exum hype train for years. He's been stuck in "denial" stage for some time when it comes to Dante.

I didn't think it was possible to get more Dante homerism than the aussie fan boys here but good lord, this guy's take is terrible!
I couldn’t make it through the first minute or two.