What's new

Darius Garland

Did I not say send picks to a third team and they send win now players to Cleveland?
I'm reminded of the Simpsons scene where Homer drops his peanut in the couch and is digging through the cushions and finds $20... and is disappointed... then Homer's internal brain voice pops in "with $20 you can buy many peanuts".

Those picks can be routed elsewhere to get the wing help they need. Teams typically need a middle man unless one team is tearing down and one team has a lot of picks.

They aren't really trading Garland. I bet they are much more likely to move Don. If they are trading Garland I will give them Ochai and their picks and swaps back. THT/KO or John Collins if they would like to make salaries work.

And then there’s trading for Kyrie too.

I’m just saying DA has a history of liking small skilled point guards.

At the end of the day it’s not about who WE like but who HE likes.
Ainge's MO is he trades away overvalued assets, and he trades for undervalued assets.

Nah its just Amico... he just says stuff.
Amico is known as having good beat on Cleveland though.

I dont doubt that Cleveland has tested the market for all their players. They clearly need to make some tweaks so they have probably done a lot of work to see all their possible pathways to improvement.

I would rather we keep the powder dry and shoot our wad on Halliburton.

I would rather we keep the powder dry and shoot our wad on Halliburton.
Neither of these guys will be truly available for the next 2 years at least. They are pipe dreams. Cleveland eventually trades Donovan when they realize he will leave them. Might be sometime in the next season. Garland is under contract so will be around. Tyrese is under team control so things would have to really go south.

I could see Garland being moved in a three team deal for someone like OG, but than you would have to send 42 picks to TOR to acquire OG.

He's a really good young player locked into a long term deal. Don't think he's available though, and I think there are other guards who are more "gettable".

Neither of these guys will be truly available for the next 2 years at least. They are pipe dreams. Cleveland eventually trades Donovan when they realize he will leave them. Might be sometime in the next season. Garland is under contract so will be around. Tyrese is under team control so things would have to really go south.
I think there’s a decent chance that the “next big move” the Jazz plan to make isn’t even on the radar yet. They’re building things out right now, but DA is keeping the powder dry to make a play for a superstar when a real opportunity comes around.

Amico is known as having good beat on Cleveland though.

I dont doubt that Cleveland has tested the market for all their players. They clearly need to make some tweaks so they have probably done a lot of work to see all their possible pathways to improvement.
I would be shocked if they traded Garland instead of Donovan. I would also love to be the beneficiary either way... go after old *** PG13 and give us some tasty picks when its broke *** PG and Don leaves... or we get Garland and they can have they picks back.

I think there’s a decent chance that the “next big move” the Jazz plan to make isn’t even on the radar yet. They’re building things out right now, but DA is keeping the powder dry to make a play for a superstar when a real opportunity comes around.
Safe bet the point of Collins was to rehab his value to a point where he's, at least. neutral due to diminished length on his contract (from now) vs his increased production. Ainge plays long games.

I would be shocked if they traded Garland instead of Donovan. I would also love to be the beneficiary either way... go after old *** PG13 and give us some tasty picks when its broke *** PG and Don leaves... or we get Garland and they can have they picks back.
total agreement, but they are going to try and quietly see what's out there.

The Jazz should be saving their draft picks for a top 10 player in the NBA - that's the sure-fire way to be in the championship conversation, unless you think Lauri has another gigantic leap or believe that Keyonte or Taylor are going to have a sharper trajectory to superstardom than Mitchell did.

Collins is neutral at the moment.
To me, the contract is a slight negative because a dude is being paid 25m for 13 ppg. That said, I think he bounces back pretty easily as his injury seems healed, he'll have Hardy coaching him and he is getting into his prime. At worst, if he bottoms out for some weird reason, he becomes expiring in a year or two (depending on circumstances with his PO). But getting a asset for him straight up now wouldn't happen, as witnessed with us sending Gay to ATL. The second is a pity ****.

I don't think we want Donovan 2.0 in a small lead guard like Garland (even though he's great). I do think we could potentially facilitate an interesting 3 way trade though.... something like this: Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 9.57.42 AM.png