What's new

David Aldridge ranks all 30 teams' offseason.....

Aldridge supports the tank.

So, he says overpaying for players is bad, preserving cap space is good and finding a core group of players to build around is good.

The Jazz did all of those things, will get a lottery pick next year plus another pick and have 31 million in cap space while forming a core to build around and keep for multiple years...

Yet he says only one team had a worse offseason.

Moron.

I don't really think he took a long-term view on these - it's pretty clearly just for next season. In his writing he supports the move the Jazz made, basically saying that if they couldn't attract a marquee player this was a nice alternative.

I think it's fair to say that in terms of short term moves, our offseason was terrible but longer term it could be exactly what we need.

So, he says overpaying for players is bad, preserving cap space is good and finding a core group of players to build around is good.

The Jazz did all of those things, will get a lottery pick next year plus another pick and have 31 million in cap space while forming a core to build around and keep for multiple years...

Moron.

He probably would have given us the same rating if we had resigned all of our guys for too much too. Just no luck for us.

Moron.

He also states that it is mostly about improvement, or something similar to that. And the bottom line is that on paper the Jazz did not "Improve" for the coming season.

Everybody is so convinced that Golden State's pick will be in the 20+ range. Because they added a 30-year-old 13.0 PPG busted swingman with a 15.0 PER. It's insane. They barely made the playoffs last season. I don't understand.

Everybody is so convinced that Golden State's pick will be in the 20+ range. Because they added a 30-year-old 13.0 PPG busted swingman with a 15.0 PER. It's insane. They barely made the playoffs last season. I don't understand.

It'd be nice if that pick became Wiggins.

I don't get the infatuation that everyone is having with the Nets.

1. They have no future cap room. The team that they are fielding now is the team they are going to have years from now.
2. Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett are not the players they were in 2003 or 2008. They're old, regressing and are essentially running on fumes.
3. Kidd could be a great coach or Isiah 2.0. A bit early to get out the annointing oil, don't you think?

Oh yeah, we have the second worst offseason yet Aldridge concedes that our offseason gives us tons of flexibility and room to grow. **** off, Aldridge. Make up your mind.

He's just ranking all the teams in terms of who improved the most for the upcoming season. Like, Philly is last on his list, but we all know blowing it up they way they did was very, very smart.

I don't really think he took a long-term view on these - it's pretty clearly just for next season. In his writing he supports the move the Jazz made, basically saying that if they couldn't attract a marquee player this was a nice alternative.

I think it's fair to say that in terms of short term moves, our offseason was terrible but longer term it could be exactly what we need.
Agree. His rankings were for next season only.

Lakers and Houston barely made the players. GS was comfortably in. I see GS in approximately the same place. Houston will likely jump ahead of them, but Denver may drop a few spots. Lakers will be replaced by Portland or perhaps New Orleans.

Without significant injuries, I don't see the Warriors dropping to .500, which is what it will take to miss the WC playoffs.

Moron.

Yea, doesn't make sense.

I know the media is creaming its pants with the warriors... But... Didnt they lose Jack? He was often their 2nd or 3rd best player last year. Didn't he calm them down and helped to give Curry a rest? So lets assume Curry is able to play 82 games. His loss still hurts them. What happens if Curry breaks? What happens if Bogut breaks? I just don't see GS being an improvement next year. They have no depth.

Last edited:
I don't get the infatuation that everyone is having with the Nets.

1. They have no future cap room. The team that they are fielding now is the team they are going to have years from now.
2. Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett are not the players they were in 2003 or 2008. They're old, regressing and are essentially running on fumes.
3. Kidd could be a great coach or Isiah 2.0. A bit early to get out the annointing oil, don't you think?

Oh yeah, we have the second worst offseason yet Aldridge concedes that our offseason gives us tons of flexibility and room to grow. **** off, Aldridge. Make up your mind.

KG lost his offense a good 5-6 years ago. He's still really tall. Besides, he doesn't have to do much alongside Lopez. Just stand tall, grab rebounds, and nail that jumper at the top of the key. That's basically what he did in Boston the last 2-3 years. His perimeter play will immediately free things up for Lopez

Pierce was never very athletic. As long as he stays healthy, he'll continue to bury that elbow jumper. That's all the nets need.

A bigger concern for me will be their health, as none of their stars seem healthy to me. The engine of the whole thing, Deron, hasn't been the same in years. And coaching. I don't have any confidence that Kidd is ready to coach that team not only to the playoffs but to the Finals. Also, joe Johnson. He's running on fumes and his game relied upon athleticism.

The nets are literally the only team in the east who can beat the Heat. Until the pacers fix their PG situation, they're going to be limited.

I know the media is creaming its pants with the warriors... But... Didnt they lose Jack? He was often their 2nd or 3rd best player last year. Didn't he calm them down and helped to give Curry a rest? So lets assume Curry is able to play 82 games. His loss still hurts them. What happens if Curry breaks? What happens if Bogut breaks? I just don't see GS being an improvement next year. They have no depth.

This.

The bottom line, though, is how much better is a team after its offseason moves than it was before? That is what is being ranked here: improvement.
According to this criteria,^^^ Utah should be ranked 29th. We will probably lose 15 more games than we did last year. I really don't see how you could read the article and not understand that it is not a long term projection. He can't give the jazz a grade based on their future cap space because he doesn't know how they will use it yet.

Karma will happen and the GST's will fork over a lottery pick to Utah.