What's new

David Locke/Donovan Mitchell Beef?

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
So some people have noticed this.

When Mitchell won player of the month, Locke posted a "Congratulations Donovan" post on instagram, but the video in the post was all Gobert highlights (it's been changed since, but was up for about 12 hours I believe).

Then Locke said something along the lines of the players need to be saying "I" more in post-game interviews when it comes to defense. Then Donovan had a post-game quote after the Pistons loss where he said "We" about 10 times.

Maybe reading too much into this, but don't be surprised if Locke is fired after this year given Mitchell's power.

Locke is not important enough to have beef with haha. Donovan liked Locke's post congratulating him on twitter for his player of the month thing.

Here's what he said after the game.

“I don’t want we anymore, I want I. I’m tired of our players going to the podium and saying ‘we need to be better.’ I want to hear them say ‘I need to be better.’ We is how you deflect praise, I is how you take blame.”

Here's what he said after the game.

“I don’t want we anymore, I want I. I’m tired of our players going to the podium and saying ‘we need to be better.’ I want to hear them say ‘I need to be better.’ We is how you deflect praise, I is how you take blame.”
I don’t think we should read too much into the I Vs. We… I think they always think in terms of we… whether success or failure. Locke probably making too big a deal.

I will pay attention and see if there is some semblance of a beef. I didn’t see the highlight reel but it easily could have been an error… I mean did you ever read Lockes game recaps when he was writing his own stuff??? It was like C+ level high school writing.

I can see how you would not want to be on Donovan’s bad side. I’m fine catering to the guy to a point. I don’t think he stays forever and honestly it’s better for us and him if we move on at some point and get draft assets. Like how Portland should absolutely move on from Dame right now.

The John and Karl years are over… guys don’t stick around for 10-12 years… Rudy may be the last all star that stays with the team for 10+ years.

There may be something here... Locke did go off on "no passing" on twitter last night... going in on it on his pod again. That would be directed at a couple guys... Donovan first.

IDK... worth watching a bit.

There may be something here... Locke did go off on "no passing" on twitter last night... going in on it on his pod again. That would be directed at a couple guys... Donovan first.

IDK... worth watching a bit.
The only one I saw was this one didn't say Mitchell by name, I thought there was one that mentinoed Mitchell and Conley but this is the only one I'm finding now.

The only one I saw was this one didn't say Mitchell by name, I thought there was one that mentinoed Mitchell and Conley but this is the only one I'm finding now.

Yep. How many times are we going to pass before we shoot?

FOUR...uh, I mean 1 and done!

I wouldn't be mad if he were pushed out of SLC. He treats other utah media personalities like $hit and thinks he's some basketball genius.

I wouldn't be mad if he were pushed out of SLC. He treats other utah media personalities like $hit and thinks he's some basketball genius.
Which other personalities are you referring to and in what way?