What's new

David Locke reacts to The Dime Magazine piece

Not only can't he spell or select the right word, but his grammar/sentence structure is horrible (written AND spoken). It's hard to believe that he can be successful in a communication industry, but there he is.

I will give him credit for often coming up with good insights, but only partial credit because I think a lot of that insight comes from being close to the team. Many people could come up with that insight if they were in that situation.

That is some funny crap right there.

OOOh, Dime mag fights back!

https://https://dimemag.com/2010/09/setting-the-record-straight-on-deron-williams-utah-and-dallas/

Locke's response on twitter:

Awww a tip of the hat.

I'll fix the link for you:

https://dimemag.com/2010/09/setting-the-record-straight-on-deron-williams-utah-and-dallas/

Anyway, I'm sure if Locke wanted to he could nitpick this article also. For example:

As far as Deron’s chances of winning in Utah versus winning in Dallas, it’s really just splitting hairs. Neither franchise has won a championship, and in fact, Dallas (2006 Finals) has come closer more recently than Utah.

Well it's 2010 and last I checked the Jazz in the semifinals is closer to a title than the Mavs first round exit.

And the rebuttal is really overanalyzing Locke's use of the word 'interns.' Give it up.

The real losers in all this are the Jazz fans who overreact every time they don't like something from the media.

Last edited:
Dime magazine said that Deron wants to bail to Dallas?

Well, that sucks. Sell our franchise we suck. Lets all kill ourselves.

Question, I want to know what big name FA Dallas doesn't want? It seems that every year we hear Dirk trade rumors, Dampier dumpings, and monster trades bringing Kobe, Dwade, and Lebron to Dallas.

The funny thing is, they've had arguably the most talented roster in the NBA for a decade and still haven't won anything.

Even if they were to somehow get Deron in a few years, I'm not afraid. We'll rebound and Dallas will be swept in the first round against the Warriors after winning 82 games in the reg. season. Cuban will fight some players mom, apologize and work at dairy queen, and then their coach will be fired. This seems to happen about twice a year for them...

The real losers in all this are the Jazz fans who overreact every time they don't like something from the media.

Personally I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.. the events that transpired during this summer of LeBron has made fans stand up and scrutinise the players' "loyalty" to their teams. Prior to LeBron's "decision" it was more or less expected that the players will have at least a sense of "loyalty" to their team.

My point is that at least we're thinking about this now and preparing ourselves for the "possibility" that Deron may leave. Hopefully this puts enough pressures on the management to have to put some sort of plans in place to either persuade Deron to stay or a 'Plan B' to ensure the Jazz stays competitive in the future. We will have more than $35m to spend if Kirilenko and Deron leaves and with a hard cap coming up in the new CBA I'm sure we'll be able to get someone decent to replace him.

The Cavs made the mistake of assuming that LeBron will be loyal to "Cleveland" - we will not make that mistake here in Utah. I have confidence that KOC and Co will come up with something.