What's new

Dear Dennis

franklin

Why did you not give Exum to Dallas for Deron and a draft pick? Hill is hurt; the Jazz need a quality backup.

Let's be honest here. Exum is not worth an extension and maybe not even in the NBA in two years. I know you personally cannot wait to cut him when his team option is up in 18-19, especially after you pay him $5 million next season to sit his *** right back on the end of the bench. That is valuable cap room next season, and, since you have a fetish for collecting second round draft picks like they are old coins or stamps, this was a great opportunity for you to turn your #4 pick bust into one of your precious hobby 2nd round draft pick "assets".

I heard DL said a while back, that they want to build the Jazz to be an organisation known for 'not giving up on its players'. I suspect it's why we've hung on to Burks for this long, and because of this there is no way we're giving up on Exum half way.

It comes down to the philosophy, the heart and fabric of our team, IMO.

I heard DL said a while back, that they want to build the Jazz to be an organisation known for 'not giving up on its players'. I suspect it's why we've hung on to Burks for this long, and because of this there is no way we're giving up on Exum half way.

It comes down to the philosophy, the heart and fabric of our team, IMO.

I hope that isn't the case... I hope our goal is to be a good organization... giving up is many times the most prudent course of action.

I hope that isn't the case... I hope our goal is to be a good organization... giving up is many times the most prudent course of action.

The interview was about 2 years ago on one of those DL's radio interview... not sure if they'd changed their philosophy since then but he was very proud of the fact at the time.

Severely disappointing thread...misleading title. Was hoping for more of this:

the-right-shorts-12349125-orig.jpg

Exum was 5th pick, not 4th. And as ****ty as he is, I would rather take a chance on him then lose him for nothing, than trade him now for a non-lottery pick.

Franklin must be trolling. There's no way anyone would advocate trading Exum for an old guy on an expiring contract.

No it's not lmao. You dont give up on players if you believe in them. If you have any reservations on that, look at what we did with Trey Burke. Our staff and FO obviously didnt see potential in him, so they cut ties and cut minutes. It's not like they are putting unwavering trust in every player they have ever liked. It just means they arent dumb and arent giving up on a talented kid just cuz he struggled through the first half after returning from ACL surgery.

Dante Exum is a 21 year old. He could still be in college right now. Moreover this is only his second NBA season. You do not give up on a lottery talent without knowing what you have. We don't know how good Dante can be yet.

No it's not lmao. You dont give up on players if you believe in them. If you have any reservations on that, look at what we did with Trey Burke. Our staff and FO obviously didnt see potential in him, so they cut ties and cut minutes. It's not like they are putting unwavering trust in every player they have ever liked. It just means they arent dumb and arent giving up on a talented kid just cuz he struggled through the first half after returning from ACL surgery.

Not saying we should give up on Exum, but there are absolutely benefits to "thin slicing" and making judgments... sometimes those are to give up. We probably waited too long on Burke.. passed up on several better replacements.

Think about all the opportunity cost associated to not giving up on a guy like Exum if he doesn't pan out.

Just saying that shouldn't be the goal... give people opportunities and chances but don't complicate a bad situation by being married to you belief.

Not saying we should give up on Exum, but there are absolutely benefits to "thin slicing" and making judgments... sometimes those are to give up. We probably waited too long on Burke.. passed up on several better replacements.

Think about all the opportunity cost associated to not giving up on a guy like Exum if he doesn't pan out.

Just saying that shouldn't be the goal... give people opportunities and chances but don't complicate a bad situation by being married to you belief.

Well I'm glad you arent making decisions because Exum is going to be great.

Exum sucks balls. I dont give a rats *** what excuses are made for him. He is so young. He should be in college right now. He got hurt. He doesn't get to play. He is Australian. Whatever. The dude sucks. Plays like a girl.

I honestly had absolutely no idea the distain for Dante. Wow. It's obvious the post is an attempt to stir up a stupid conversation for a ridiculous trade idea but man.

I honestly had absolutely no idea the distain for Dante. Wow. It's obvious the post is an attempt to stir up a stupid conversation for a ridiculous trade idea but man.

Yeah, I had no idea people hated our team this year as much as they do. The level of salt is unreal right now.

This team is 4th in Net Rating going into the All-Star break.

Yeah, but **** Dante and Burks. If they were that good coming off significant injuries I dont want to wait to see how good they can be in the 2nd half of the season. I want to trade draft picks for short term rentals!