What's new

Death Stretch

rocfan1

If I'm correct we only have 10 remaining games against under .500 teams. The rest of our schedule is absolutely brutal. I can't imagine theirs another team with a tougher strength of schedule from here on out. This is going to be a tough time for our boys. Coach hardy will have to keep this team focused amid a tough schedule and trade deadline rumors/trades. Buckle up!!

The good thing that after the Pelicans game, we will have played 13 home and 19 away games. The Pelicans game is looking really important as we have to ratch up wins before the first round trip in January. We play the Celtics, 76ers and Bucks before having a six game home stretch. This is followed by a 6 game away stretch where every game looks at least semi-winnable.

If we can go 3-1, we can start the home stretch 16-22 if we lose all the games on the firsts road trips. There is a chance for us to go 9-3 over the following 6 games home and road stretch, landing us at around .500 after 51 games played.

In the last 31 games, we play 19 home and 12 away games. The average percentage wins for the teams we face awa is 53,4, which coincidentally is the same as our whole remaining SOS. The standings will look different then, but the roughets problem I see for us down the stretch, is that we play very few potentially tanking teams. Of the away games, the Hawks are the only team I can see tanking. The Rockets may look far worse, but they do not have an incentive to tank as they don`t own their own pick this year.

1703701557162.png

The play in race might be a 7 team battle this year.

Dont really see any of these teams really taking off and separating themselves. Utah is probably the most likely to negatively separate, but who knows.

I am guessing we'll be just out of range to truly compete for a play-in spot late in the season and will tank the last handful of games to keep our pick.

If I'm correct we only have 10 remaining games against under .500 teams. The rest of our schedule is absolutely brutal. I can't imagine theirs another team with a tougher strength of schedule from here on out. This is going to be a tough time for our boys. Coach hardy will have to keep this team focused amid a tough schedule and trade deadline rumors/trades. Buckle up!!
So this explains why we're winning so much. Here’s hoping for a 15 game losing streak

So let’s start now
So looking back to last year getting off to a 13-3 start was good knowing we shamelessly tanked, made a tanking trade and lost a **** ton of games. Looking back on that 13-3 start, we could’ve possibly ended up the no. 1 pick maybe or gotten picks 2 or 3. But thank god we started fast and got a guy that isn’t playing on a none playoff team. Brilliant

So looking back to last year getting off to a 13-3 start was good knowing we shamelessly tanked, made a tanking trade and lost a **** ton of games. Looking back on that 13-3 start, we could’ve possibly ended up the no. 1 pick maybe or gotten picks 2 or 3. But thank god we started fast and got a guy that isn’t playing on a none playoff team. Brilliant

Detroit had the best odds and ended up with pick 5. Nothing is guaranteed with lottery balls genius.

Detroit had the best odds and ended up with pick 5. Nothing is guaranteed with lottery balls genius.
Had we tanked sooner last year we might’ve ended up in a position with better odds to move up. Someone in the 4-6 spots usually improve draft position. Maybe we would’ve finished in the spurs position and moved into the top pick. That’s what my whole point was genus.