What's new

Debt and Big Bird

PearlWatson

2 illustrations on the different approaches

campaign_finance_debt_romney_vs_obama.jpg

big_bird-democrat_vs_sponge_bob-gop.jpg

Romney: These are tough times with real serious issues, so you have to scratch your head when the president spends the last week talking about saving Big Bird. I actually think we a need a president who talks about saving the American people, and saving good jobs, and saving our future.

Didn't the Christian Conservatives want to ban Spongebob just a few years back because he was gay?

Now he's a Republican posterboy?

Nice to see the right has evolved.

Didn't the Christian Conservatives want to ban Spongebob just a few years back because he was gay?

Now he's a Republican posterboy?

Nice to see the right has evolved.

I thought that was Tinky Winky the Teletubby.

I know Darius Henry the "Republican" was on the case on whether sponge bob was homosexual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0S4K-hAfuw

Can't believe something that makes up something like... .01 percent of the budget made it into the debate.

CPB funding rears its head from time to time as an old GOP hobbyhorse. I suspect this is a case of dog whistling gone wrong rather than something that Romney really cares about.

You missed "has a mission to educate and pursues this to their own detriment" vs. "earns profits for no other reason than earning profits".

How does one earn profits for no other reason than earning profits? Do you think CEOs have no passion for the products they produce? No pride? They're just making widgits, right? And raking in the profits is as easy as mistreating your lowest paid employees?

How does one earn profits for no other reason than earning profits? Do you think CEOs have no passion for the products they produce? No pride? They're just making widgits, right? And raking in the profits is as easy as mistreating your lowest paid employees?

I'm sure the creators of SpongBob have a passion for entertainment; it's a highly entertaining show that I enjoy watching with my kids. You can't craft a show like Sesame Sgtreet without a dedication to quality, and you can't craft a show like spongeBob without a dedication to quality. I have no doubt the creators care about the characters, maintain a certain integrity to the show, concern themselves with quality, etc. I think shows lacking the pride you describe also lack the qualities to be as successful as SpongeBob. That still boils done to "you pay me to entertain you". Thus, I regard your remark as a distortion of what I said.

SpongeBob is the equivalent of The Muppet Show and it's follow-ups, which has also raked in a fair number of dollars. thehy have a different mission from Sesame Street or The Magic Schoolbus. Their respective success is determined in different ways.

Come on now, this has become ridiculous. Spongebob has taught me more than Big Bird could ever hope to.

Let's be honest for a second. Which is going to be more useful for this rising generation: fry-cook mechanics, or letters and numbers? Not to mention the situational illustrations of how to handle a public pants-ripping, and other such unfortunate occurrences. This is the real world, not some fantasy land where shapes and colors and simple math and reading actually have application. I don't need the kid at Five Guys to know that the patty is a circle. I just need it flipped and then (square) cheese slapped on the top. Boom.

Also, I suspect that Ernie and/or Bert is gay. Not with MY tax dollars, they aren't.

Come on now, this has become ridiculous. Spongebob has taught me more than Big Bird could ever hope to.

Let's be honest for a second. Which is going to be more useful for this rising generation: fry-cook mechanics, or letters and numbers? Not to mention the situational illustrations of how to handle a public pants-ripping, and other such unfortunate occurrences. This is the real world, not some fantasy land where shapes and colors and simple math and reading actually have application. I don't need the kid at Five Guys to know that the patty is a circle. I just need it flipped and then (square) cheese slapped on the top. Boom.

Also, I suspect that Ernie and/or Bert is gay. Not with MY tax dollars, they aren't.

Now you know how I feel every time Saint Mitt talks about military intervention in the ME. Not with my tax dollars you ain't! Maybe with all your money in offshore accounts! And send your own candy *** kids to fight too!

Or when your former President started 2 wars on our credit card, bailed out banks for their own stupidity, and irresponsibly passed Medicare Part D.

Or when I hear about "budget hawk" Ryan writing letters pleading on his hands and knees for federal money to be directed towards his state.

Or when Jon Boehner cries (tears) and asks for federal money to continue to be used in his state for jet engines that the Pentagon doesn't even want.

Locally, we see the exact same thing happen here. Congressmen here in Utah have hired lobbyists to keep one of the states biggest entitlement programs (Hill Air Force Base) open. I'd love to see that shut down! Let those folks receiving handouts there go get jobs in the private sector. If they can't find any, then go back to school and get some real training.

Mia Love? The GOP's latest crush? Increased taxes, grew government, and is preventing her own citizens from taking accountability. See, lately she's been lobbying to for federal dollars to help bail out her city. I have an idea, properly fund and maintain your own sewer system so you don't flood. If flooding is a serious danger/reoccurring problem, take personal accountability for it and perhaps abandon the settlement and move to a more secure location.

Not with my tax dollars, Mia! Rebuild your own damn town. If something ever happens to my home, I'll pay for it. Keep your damn government hands off my money.

If folks like bordealis7 truly believe that electing Romney will lower the deficit, shrink government, while increasing the standard of living here, and greatly increasing defense spending then I have real estate in Florida to sell ya. You folks are dumber than you look! Were you living in a cave for the past few decades? Did you not see what the Bush administrations and Reagan administration did? Name the last repub administration that shrunk government and its' spending.

Great. Now I can't tell which one of us is the Site Jester. I thought I had that job in the bag. Well played, sir.

Oh no worries there. You have that title well in hand.

Thriller has the title of village idiot.

Oh no worries there. You have that title well in hand.

Thriller has the title of village idiot.

This coming from someone who dished it out against Salty, got their *** kicked, and then ran away? LOL

Village *****, when are you going to "Ignore" Salty (and then respond even more to his posts after you have supposedly "ignored" him)?

Stoked: Repeat tired AM radio mantra. Get called out and destroyed. Either place that person on ignore or claim that you're not going to respond to their message for some lame *** reason...

Rinse, wash, repeat!

And so the cycle goooeessss without stoked ever providing anything of entertainment or intellectual value.

Of course, you won't see this because I'm on your "ignore" list right? LOL

Can't believe something that makes up something like... .01 percent of the budget made it into the debate.

Cutting funding for PBS/NPR is yet another evergreen right-wing hobby horse that in a Jason Voorhies like way rise up every election cycle as a symbol for government spending run amuck despite constituting less than 1% of 1% of the federal budget. That Romney mentioned cutting PBS, while not being able to mention any other major non-middle-class benefitting programs he would cut, shows that he, and the Republican party, have no fetching idea how they would come up with near the number and value of program cuts to finance yet another tax giveaway to the rich. The math simply doesn't and cannot add up, and were I Obama, I would drive this point home mercilessly in upcoming debates.