What's new

Game Thread Dec 07, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Warriors

Added to Calendar: 12-07-22

I really like Will. Seems super smart and like he's solid at building relationships. I even like that he went hard at Collin. Sexton needs that tough love... as long as it doesn't become all tough and no love then its all good.

We need to find a home for Gay though... so Will doesn't feel obliged to play him over Simone.

Speaking of Simone... while he is a human torch... he also shows some flashes of using his mediocre athleticism to make plays. The dunk was nice but he also jumped back into a play at the rim in the first half and blocked an offensive rebound shot attempt. It was a fast reaction awesome play. I think there is more to this guy we will discover as we actually play him.

Kind of know what you mean, especially in the last few years, but I feel like I remember the first handful of years Quin much more animated.
Agree... he had more genuine emotions early. At times it just felt like he was like "well time to get a tech".

I really like Will. Seems super smart and like he's solid at building relationships. I even like that he went hard at Collin. Sexton needs that tough love... as long as it doesn't become all tough and no love then its all good.

We need to find a home for Gay though... so Will doesn't feel obliged to play him over Simone.

Speaking of Simone... while he is a human torch... he also shows some flashes of using his mediocre athleticism to make plays. The dunk was nice but he also jumped back into a play at the rim in the first half and blocked an offensive rebound shot attempt. It was a fast reaction awesome play. I think there is more to this guy we will discover as we actually play him.
I watched a lot of video of him in the euros and he seems to have good defensive instincts. Could be a sneaky good 3 & D perimeter defender type. Had a good nose for help defense and quick hands. Made up for his basic athleticism pretty well I thought. Once the NBA game slows down for him, he could be a real find. His shot is just so pure that even acceptable D and athleticism is enough to get him priority minutes.

Simone has the somewhat unlikely combination of slowish feet and pretty good bounce. Hence, I think he has some untapped rebounding potential, but as long as he's playing a spacer role, patrolling the perimeter, he's not gonna get that many boards.

I never read Quin's emotions as fake. I thought he was super genuine. The guy looked like coaching was physically killing him he cared so much about it.
That's a problem in its own right. Same with managers I have worked with. The ones who are intense and never let up tend to burn out and be harder to work with. But you can be intense, and driven, and still have a looseness to your style that helps you be more resilient and you will get better results and not kill yourself by the time you are 40. Sounds like Quin just burned himself up and that explains an awful lot from that last season really.

That's a problem in its own right. Same with managers I have worked with. The ones who are intense and never let up tend to burn out and be harder to work with. But you can be intense, and driven, and still have a looseness to your style that helps you be more resilient and you will get better results and not kill yourself by the time you are 40. Sounds like Quin just burned himself up and that explains an awful lot from that last season really.
100%

10/12/5 in 24 minutes is ridiculous.

I love Kessler and I think he’s gonna be great.

He was amazing this game, but to Cy’s point, I saw a couple plays on highlights where after he got the block, it led straight to an offensive rebound and score.

Part of that is on teammates not getting the board together with him, but part of that is also a point for improvement for him.

I love Kessler and I think he’s gonna be great.

He was amazing this game, but to Cy’s point, I saw a couple plays on highlights where after he got the block, it led straight to an offensive rebound and score.

Part of that is on teammates not getting the board together with him, but part of that is also a point for improvement for him.
Part of it is just basketball. rarely is a player perfect at everything on both ends at all times.

Ya'll aren't talking about what REALLY happened. 4th quarter, losing by 4. Coach subbed in Ochai for his first clutch minutes of the season.

His play was unheralded, but he was a +5 in less than a minute plus we won the game.

RELEASE THE OCH!!!

The last 2 minute report says two incorrect calls.... so hilarious. Its a wonder NBA officiating hasn't improved with this deeply critical analysis they do on themselves every day.

View: https://twitter.com/andyblarsen/status/1600999095727845377

I’ll confess that it’s been a couple years since I’ve really read through L2M unless it’s something very specific, but it seems they’re adding more detail. Here’s one that caught my eye:

Period: Q4Time: 00:14.8Call Type: Foul: PersonalCommitting Player: Kelly OlynykDisadvantaged Player: Jordan PooleReview Decision: CNCVideo Url: Video
Comment:After gathering the ball, Poole (GSW) brings his arms up as Olynyk (UTA) steps forward toward him, and contact occurs to Olynyk's face. Poole is entitled to his vertical space (even though he is not shooting) and since he did not extend his arms forward into Olynyk or appear to seek out contact, the contact is deemed to have occurred because Olynyk is moving forward towards Poole's space. Given the fact that Poole is not in a shooting motion, a no call is appropriate. If a foul were warranted, it would be on Olynyk.