What's new

Game Thread Dec 13, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Knicks

Added to Calendar: 12-13-23

He does seem to work hard. Its pretty easy not to like him though. He is pretty obnoxious on the court and his teammates have frequently got irritated with him on past teams and the Jazz for putting his head down and just trying to score no matter what the defense or teammates are doing. Guys are wide open and he just takes it every time. Even this game he was better but still left teammates hanging out open while he takes hard shots. Lauri has got frustrated a couple times in the past, last game THT got upset and others have as well. This game was much better in that regard. Usually his only assists come when he gets himself too deep and double covered and kicks it to anyone else on the team open if he doesnt force the shot. But this game and a few other games more latley he has been much more alert of his teammates and the defense in general. I still only like him in a off the bench scoring role when he is needed and things are going well. He is an awful fit with THT and Clarkson on the team though. I am shocked how much people like watching him play. His defense is always rough but he does try hard, he is just too small and cant stay in front of his guy.
Sexton had two PNR plays were he manipulated the threat of his quick push shot to get his man open. I was very impressed because it's hard for me to think of many plays where Sexton has done that.

I do think he needs more on ball reps. When him and THT play together they usually put Sexton off ball, which I get. They are trying to get Sexton the ball in space or on a mismatch, but THT shouldn't be on the ball as much as he is currently.

Remember when RJ Barrett started the year off super hot?

The only time I noticed him the other night is when Hendricks stuffed him.

@Elizah Huge

Looked at his stats and he has indeed returned to normal.

Remember when RJ Barrett started the year off super hot?

The only time I noticed him the other night is when Hendricks stuffed him.

@Elizah Huge

Looked at his stats and he has indeed returned to normal.
He had a serious migrane case like a month back and his production has been horrible ever since. Dude was probably working too hard and now he is too casual and cautious.

Sexton had two PNR plays were he manipulated the threat of his quick push shot to get his man open. I was very impressed because it's hard for me to think of many plays where Sexton has done that.

I do think he needs more on ball reps. When him and THT play together they usually put Sexton off ball, which I get. They are trying to get Sexton the ball in space or on a mismatch, but THT shouldn't be on the ball as much as he is currently.
I agree, maybe I didn't state it well. But he was making good passes more lately unlike his previous assist numbers that aren't meaningful. He generally has always made them team worse around him even if he has a good game. He showed flashes of making the team better this game and a few times lately. I doubt I would be as harsh towards him if we didn't feature Clarkson and THT. Such a frustrating trio that could all be potentially decent in the right situation/team.

Reading the thread and people blaming Fonteccio coming in for Hendricks are out in the night. Knicks started getting hot already. Two 3s were just hit in Hendricks face before he went to the bench. He was giving too much space out there but probably because they were as cold as it gets.

Fonteccio is becoming a solid rotation guy that could potentially start on a good team with a couple all stars next to him. He hustles, plays defense, hits his shots, and is starting to drive more which is opening things up a lot. I get the feeling we'll let him go and regret it. The clippers announcers had a lot of nice things to say about him.

Reading the thread and people blaming Fonteccio coming in for Hendricks are out in the night. Knicks started getting hot already. Two 3s were just hit in Hendricks face before he went to the bench. He was giving too much space out there but probably because they were as cold as it gets.

Fonteccio is becoming a solid rotation guy that could potentially start on a good team with a couple all stars next to him. He hustles, plays defense, hits his shots, and is starting to drive more which is opening things up a lot. I get the feeling we'll let him go and regret it. The clippers announcers had a lot of nice things to say about him.

He's pretty damn athletic.

Simone has been one of the best players the last handful of games. Lowe/Pelton highlighted him as the biggest positive of the Jazz's season in a pod yesterday.

KD with the two best dimes of the night. 4-4 shooting, two boards a steal and seven dimes in under 18 minutes - very efficient. How long did they say George would be out?
Dunn having a good game makes sense. The Knicks have very little rim protection with Robinson out. Sims isnt awful, but he isnt good. Hartenstein isnt a rim protector. Dunn's "get middle" game was able to work.

Simone has been one of the best players the last handful of games. Lowe/Pelton highlighted him as the biggest positive of the Jazz's season in a pod yesterday.
I would agree with that.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

That was the fakest hot start id ever see lol.
RJ Barret shot nearly 50/50/85 before he had a serious migrane episode which sidelined him for 3 games, and then he has shot 38/25/82 and reportedly has had additional minor migrane episodes.

You probably didnt know that though, but it wasnt "him cooling off after a fake start". Its a serious health issue (wish him the best).

RJ Barret shot nearly 50/50/85 before he had a serious migrane episode which sidelined him for 3 games, and then he has shot 38/25/82 and reportedly has had additional minor migrane episodes.

You probably didnt know that though, but it wasnt "him cooling off after a fake start". Its a serious health issue (wish him the best).

He shot 50% for a 7 game stretch. You got me there, I'm totally convinced now.

I mean, does RJ have this migraine thing every year, because the hot/cold RJ saga has been going on for his entire career.

I mean, does RJ have this migraine thing every year, because the hot/cold RJ saga has been going on for his entire career.
Barret said it was his first migrane ever. So previous years whatever hot/cold stuff there was wasnt due to that. This is different.

Yeah... as a lifelong migraine sufferer, I'd never dream of mocking anyone who says they have it. The treatment Pippen got after the "migraine game" in 1990 was a crime.