What's new

Game Thread Dec 14, 2020: Jazz vs. Suns (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 12-14-20

I loved the defensive showing by Niang last night. I also loved when he stopped Chris Paul in ISO. Plus there was three other times last night he made a great defensive play.

He also just missed a sky hook over Ayton... Suns fans must be so excited for DeAndre... last night he was uhhhhhh not great.

Niang made some defensive plays last night, but I don't think we see this enough from him.

He still stinks besides shooting 3s.

Ingles is also looking like a liability. Sure he makes some good passes, but watch how plays he messes up too.
And he can't stay in front of anything. The guy is toast!

Niang made some defensive plays last night, but I don't think we see this enough from him.

Ingles is also looking like a liability. Sure he makes some good passes, but watch how plays he messes up too.
We will see. There is always the next game. But basketball is a game of change. So maybe we will see something new happening with Niang. Historically he has struggled, but there is always some sort of surprise in basketball.

Joe has looked rough thus far. Like extra slow. Thinking he needs to be the off the bench guy this year. I also think he's getting warmed up and may be suffering the dreaded Memo Baby Curse too. Going to three kids is the biggest adjustment... especially with Jacob's needs. Gonna give him a lot of slack early.

I loved the defensive showing by Niang last night. I also loved when he stopped Chris Paul in ISO. Plus there was three other times last night he made a great defensive play.

Ive never noticed Niang being an awful defender in terms of effort or IQ. He's just too unathletic to make anyone change what they want to do. His DBPM has been solid in the regular season while he's been in Utah.

We will see. There is always the next game. But basketball is a game of change. So maybe we will see something new happening with Niang. Historically he has struggled, but there is always some sort of surprise in basketball.
We also remember that he was paired with Bradley which is about as bad a pairing as you can have... JC also a defensive liability. He may be able to be good enough this year to justify keeping him on the floor.

The advanced stats say he has been pretty average on D.

Ive never noticed Niang being an awful defender in terms of effort or IQ. He's just too unathletic to make anyone change what they want to do. His DBPM has been solid in the regular season while he's been in Utah.
I think it also looked worse because he was on the floor with TB as well. Niang knows where to be and tries... guys can still shoot over him but if he is exclusively a bench guy getting 12 minutes a night that isn't as big of an issue. It was in the playoffs running him 25 minutes a night where it becomes worse.