What's new

Game Thread Dec 16, 2023 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Kings

Added to Calendar: 12-16-23

Keegan has shot poorly all year. This is because other teams know that is basically his game and overplay the 3. Jazz didn't get the memo evidently.

Replace THT with George and this is the future, as it stands now (Agjabi-Marrkanen-Hendriicks-Walker)

Maybe try… making Murray dribble? Run him off the line? Throw a trap so he has to give it up? Try something other than easy 3s? I get that this roster sucks but the coaching aspect seems to be just as absent as the roster talent. That coaching seat should be getting warm. What has Hardy done to deserve trust?

I wouldn't put Keegan out just to go for a record, but I guess we are not to the empty-the-bench stage.

Maybe try… making Murray dribble? Run him off the line? Throw a trap so he has to give it up? Try something other than easy 3s? I get that this roster sucks but the coaching aspect seems to be just as absent as the roster talent. That coaching seat should be getting warm. What has Hardy done to deserve trust?
You shouldn't criticize Hardy! He's "coaching for the future", and the future is where all the good stuff happens!

What are you, a TRAITOR??

In other news... I think it's time to schedule a heart transplant surgery for Kessler. I know it's still a risky procedure even with the advances in modern medicine, but sometimes you have no other option.

Anyone have one to spare?

Not the worst game of the season but not a good one either.
  • Kessler has consistency issues and they are not matchup based. Last season he had 2 great games against Sabonis and this season he has seen Sabonis take his revenge twice now. It could be that the game 1 injury caused by Sabonis was in his head, but if thats the case then its even worse. He should have been out for blood.
  • Dunn early TO's were tragic and he was also killing the clock. Tech and THT with their shot selection didnt really help either.
  • Keegan Murray was just steaming hot and Hardy has to take the fall of not putting a chaperone to prevent him from getting the ball. The players have to take part of that blame for giving him any room when it was obvious that even close contests didnt bother him. Especially for that 1 transition bucket where we had like 4 on 1 under the ball and the 1 was Murray who was left alone in the corner. Its a really bad look when that kind of a streak is actually stopped by the opposing coach substitution and not by our defense.
  • Man we got unlucky on the glass. The ball was bouncing far all day and its quite frustrating when Lauri, KO and Kessler combined for less boards (14) than Murray and Liles (16)
Even with those warts, this would have been a winnable game if Dunn didnt **** the bed at the start. Man we need better guards.

I’m ready to blow this entire experiment up and start from scratch. No one should be untouchable. With the exception of maybe Detroit, im Not sure there’s another NBA team this poorly put together from coaching to the actual roster.

Would be nice to see Lauri take over a game every once in a while.
How?

And don't tell me he should do stuff that amounts to stopping the ball, forcing up shots, overdribbling, screaming and banging his chest. We already have plenty of dudes doing those things.

He got 27 minutes and 13 shots. You don't "take over" anything with those kinds of numbers. I mean it's not exactly news that as a big, Lauri mostly depends on his guards (and by extension, his coach) to get him the ball in his spots. And when he does get it, good & efficient things happen.

Meanwhile, over at Twitter McCade Pearson is running a smear campaign with the premise that Lauri should be shooting less and passing more:

Go figure. That's just insanely stupid. Nothing wrong with facilitating if your teammates are better scoring options than you, but Lauri is basically never in that position on this team. And a high unassisted % isn't some holy grail in today's NBA. It may just as well speak of low efficiency scoring.

Anyway, IMO Markkanen is just a symptom here – people are frustrated about the season and don't know what Ainge is even trying to do, so the anger gets spread around.

Last edited:
How?

And don't tell me he should do stuff that amounts to stopping the ball, forcing up shots, overdribbling, screaming and banging his chest. We already have plenty of dudes doing those things.

He got 27 minutes and 13 shots. You don't "take over" anything with those kinds of numbers. I mean it's not exactly news that as a big, Lauri mostly depends on his guards (and by extension, his coach) to get him the ball in his spots. And when he does get it, good & efficient things happen.

Meanwhile, over at Twitter McCade Pearson is running a smear campaign with the premise that Lauri should be shooting less and passing more:

View: https://x.com/mccadep8/status/1735926905017344137?s=46&t=NEhEjQ-tyP9qSpuGafftoA

Go figure. IMO Lauri is just s symptom here – people are frustrated about the season and don't know what Ainge is even trying to do, so the anger gets spread around.
Lauri needs to demand the ball more. Act like a superstar. With his efficiency it wouldn't hurt us that's for sure. The ball should touch his hands on way more possessions. Leaving the decision whether to move the ball up to THT and Clarkson and even Sexton is a mistake. Hardy was asked before last night's game to give one reason for their two game winning streak and he said, "ball movement".

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app