What's new

Game Thread Dec 28, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Warriors

Added to Calendar: 12-28-22

The Jazz-should-tank crew are full of morons if they think a team with a winning record near the halfway point of the season (and by far an easier schedule in the 2nd half of the season) still have time to tank.

Two top-10 picks in this draft would be helpful. Also, their combined odds of moving up into the top 4 could be 40%.

Weird things happen @ GSW. Opposing teams can't make 3's there.

Jazz going 1/13 from 3 to finish the game isn't even an outlier in that building.

Zero reason we should have lost that game. We were up 6 going into the 4th and score only 13 total points. Terrible execution on offense the entire quarter.

Honestly man, we’re 9-15 in our last 24 games. We’re only 1 up in the loss column from the 8th pick.
Terrible way to look at it - we've been injured, the team with the 8th pick has played 3 less games than us, and they have a much harder rest-of-season schedule than we do.

Realistically, we'd need to finish like 10-35 to land around the 8th pick. And with our 2nd half schedule, that's not happening.

The Jazz-should-tank crew are full of morons if they think a team with a winning record near the halfway point of the season (and by far an easier schedule in the 2nd half of the season) still have time to tank.
You do realize who we just lost to? A shell of a warriors team and not even near the first short handed team to beat us.

Honestly man, we’re 9-15 in our last 24 games. We’re only 1 up in the loss column from the 8th pick.
I agree. It just show that we are not good enough. When team will accelerate to reach PO, Play in, we will be bottom 6. I have no doubt about it. Loosing like that against a team without his 3 best players is a sign.

We have 13 points the entire 4th quarter. Not sure why Sexton didn’t get any minutes when we literally couldn’t buy a basket. I’m sure Hardy really taught him a lesson though.
Yep. Sexton is the one guy who can put pressure on the basket and doesn't play in the 4th quarter.
Lauri is the leading scorer and they barely pass him the ball in the 4th quarter.
JC, Conley and Beasley shoot a combined 5 for 24 on 3 pt shots.

It's no wonder they lost this game. Hardy also needs to take some of the blame for this loss.

Zero reason we should have lost that game. We were up 6 going into the 4th and score only 13 total points. Terrible execution on offense the entire quarter.
We shot 1/13 from 3 in the 4th. That was the game - everything else is just noise.

Terrible way to look at it - we've been injured, the team with the 8th pick has played 3 less games than us, and they have a much harder rest-of-season schedule than we do.

Realistically, we'd need to finish like 10-35 to land around the 8th pick. And with our 2nd half schedule, that's not happening.

Jazz were willing to trade away Beasley and Vanderbilt. Jazz wouldn't win much without those two.

Yep. Sexton is the one guy who can put pressure on the basket and doesn't play in the 4th quarter.
Lauri is the leading scorer and they barely pass him the ball in the 4th quarter.

It's no wonder they lost this game. Hardy also needs to take some of the blame for this loss.

Lauri barely got any touches at all in the second half. Just baffling stuff. Call a timeout and get the guys regrouped. Put Sexton in to put pressure on the defense. Do ****ing something.

Lauri barely got any touches at all in the second half. Just baffling stuff. Call a timeout and get the guys regrouped. Put Sexton in to put pressure on the defense. Do ****ing something.

It amazes me that the Jazz can't get more looks for Lauri rolling to the basket.

Gotta move the vets so Hardy can't just defer to them. I'd much rather lose watching the young guys developing. It just feels like it's time.

Gotta move the vets so Hardy can't just defer to them. I'd much rather lose watching the young guys developing. It just feels like it's time.
I agree, Colin, NWA, Kessler shoud play more. We will loose more games but it does not matter. As we are not good enough anyway to expect anything nice right now.

The Warriors still had 3 fouls to give until the last minute of the game because the Jazz were not putting any pressure on the basket at all. They made it so easy for the Warriors to defend them.
Jazz gave up too many rebounds and 2nd chance points again in the 4th quarter too.