What's new

Game Thread Dec 29, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Trail Blazers

Added to Calendar: 12-29-21

Gobert scored over 20 points in 9 games last year.
Tonight was his 10 game over 20 points this year.

One of the things I think is overlooked this year is Gobert’s hands. He is much better at catching the pass. It’s amazing to watch. I don’t worry about him catching the ball anymore. It’s awesome to see. Now if he gets a post move…

Jazz are 2 games out of first place in the west. They have the best road record in the west (only the nets are better on the road by half a game). They have the best conference record in the entire league (15-3 against western conference teams). They have the best division record in the league (7-0). They have the best point differential in the league and the best offense in the league. Also lead the league in 4th quarter scoring.

Rudy Gay should get better and better and I expect his minutes will go way up in the playoffs. Jordan Clarkson is really figuring things out lately. The 2 headed monster at center is a lot to deal with and our 3 point shooting is still that high ceiling X-factor that when we are on we cant be beat.

Jazz are 2 games out of first place in the west. They have the best road record in the west (only the nets are better on the road by half a game). They have the best conference record in the entire league (15-3 against western conference teams). They have the best division record in the league (7-0). They have the best point differential in the league and the best offense in the league. Also lead the league in 4th quarter scoring.

Rudy Gay should get better and better and I expect his minutes will go way up in the playoffs. Jordan Clarkson is really figuring things out lately. The 2 headed monster at center is a lot to deal with and our 3 point shooting is still that high ceiling X-factor that when we are on we cant be beat.
Also currently have the longest win streak in the nba at 5 (tied with chicago) and are the best team in the nba over the last 10 games at 8-2 (tied with chicago and miami)

Also one thing this team has in common with last years team is that we dont get blown out. When we lose its almost always a close loss.

A couple of posts from cougarboard in relation to tonights game that I liked:
Better airball 3 there from Butler than any airball I’ve seen from Forest.
I like Mike Smith’s comments about the Jazz learning to beat teams in different ways.
They are adapting to what their opponents are throwing at them on defense.
They are finding the answers.

Good win on a night we didn’t shoot well. The officiating was pretty bad I thought and it would have been easy to get side tracked.

Also… I told you this team was *** @infection

I would not want to sign Dame to his extension this offseason and would absolutely take the mega deal from Philly… could flip Ben to another team for picks and other assets… waiting to do so and signing him to that extension could be a catastrophic swing. That team missed their window and are headed know where.

One of the things I think is overlooked this year is Gobert’s hands. He is much better at catching the pass. It’s amazing to watch. I don’t worry about him catching the ball anymore. It’s awesome to see. Now if he gets a post move…
Nobody in the history of the NBA has improved as much or as fast as Gobert IMO. Ingles said something similar on the JJ Redrock Podcast. One of many reasons I think he has a claim to GOAT status at the center position if he continues to score DPOY accolades and particularly if he can win a title or two.

I hate 10pm est games. I didn't even try to stay up for this one. I woke up early and saw Butler only had one minute, and decided not to even watch the replay.

I can't wait for January when we actually play some real competition.

Also currently have the longest win streak in the nba at 5 (tied with chicago) and are the best team in the nba over the last 10 games at 8-2 (tied with chicago and miami)

Also one thing this team has in common with last years team is that we dont get blown out. When we lose its almost always a close loss.
All good stuff. Thanks for posting.

It should probably be mentioned that the jazz have had the easiest schedule in the NBA up to this point.

Mike Smith likes to drop those little facts about how great he is. First during the pre-game stuff he made it a point to let us know he likes to wear designer italian shoes in the snow, you know like a proper rich guy, and he made sure he had a chance to remind us he is 6'10". When will he tell us how handsome he is?
You’d think he’d have learned some humility after his scam fiasco while with the Clippers.