What's new

DeMar DeRozan ESPN interview

No way I’d be okay with what happened as a Toronto fan. I’d rather have our guy and see him treated fairly than what happened here.

90% of the fans are happy with the trade. But you would rather have a guy who disappears in playoffs than to have a top 5 player in NBA and a real chance for trip to the finals?

90% of the fans are happy with the trade. But you would rather have a guy who disappears in playoffs than to have a top 5 player in NBA and a real chance for trip to the finals?
No they aren’t....and for a season rental....hell yeah I’d rather have my guy that poured his heart and work into the organization and community than a guy who’s gonna bolt the second he gets a chance.

I would hope the Jazz would be more upfront and honest with him and not lie to him and trade him. But If he chokes for 3-4 years in a row in the playoffs then and we have a chance to get a much better player I would hope our team would go for it. At the end of the day its a business. Teams should choose whats best for them, and players should choose whats best for themselves.

But its not like he just couldnt get past Lebron. It was that he has chocked every year in the playoffs. He has been really bad in the playoffs in most of his series, not just against Lebron. His team has beat other teams in the playoffs but not really because of him.
Stockton and Malone didn’t make the finals until the latter part of their career....guess the Jazz should have traded the most iconic players they’ve ever had because it took them too long to reach the finals and they couldn’t beat Jordan when they got there. Guess they should have made that business decision.....on second thought I’d rather have the 2 decades of Stockton and Malone. Lots of franchises and players never win championships. I’d rather have a guy completely committed and work hard and bet on a very talented guy finally taking us there than to put all eggs in one basket for one season and start the process of rebuilding over.....and over....and over...and over all while still not getting a championship, screwing a guy who did so much for you, and not witnessing something special within the organization.

Stockton and Malone didn’t make the finals until the latter part of their career....guess the Jazz should have traded the most iconic players they’ve ever had because it took them too long to reach the finals and they couldn’t beat Jordan when they got there. Guess they should have made that business decision......

DeRozan is not at the level of Stockton or Malone and most likely will never reach it. Plus Malone and Stockton usually delivered during playoffs, it is their supporting cast that sucked. While on Raptors it was opposite - DeRozan was disappearing during playoffs.

Milan Lucic rips DeRozan for being a little bitch about the way he handled the trade. Maybe you guys should listen to a professional player's opinion.

Stockton and Malone didn’t make the finals until the latter part of their career....guess the Jazz should have traded the most iconic players they’ve ever had because it took them too long to reach the finals and they couldn’t beat Jordan when they got there. Guess they should have made that business decision.....on second thought I’d rather have the 2 decades of Stockton and Malone. Lots of franchises and players never win championships. I’d rather have a guy completely committed and work hard and bet on a very talented guy finally taking us there than to put all eggs in one basket for one season and start the process of rebuilding over.....and over....and over...and over all while still not getting a championship, screwing a guy who did so much for you, and not witnessing something special within the organization.
If we could have traded Malone and/or Stockton for a player that is much much better than they were in their prime than yes, we should have done that.

Reactions: MVP
And you're sure the guy didn't look this?

LeBron-James.png

Why did you post a photo of Haywood's girlfriend?

*wanted to post the Haywood/LeBron wedding dress photo but couldn't locate it*

The issue isn't that they traded him. That part is fine. It's that they kept him in the dark. That's really shady behavior, and I don't agree with Cy that you gotta do what you gotta do. I bet this makes players think twice before committing to Toronto.

Milan Lucic rips DeRozan for being a little bitch about the way he handled the trade. Maybe you guys should listen to a professional player's opinion.

I did, NBA players ripped Toronto.

DeRozan is not at the level of Stockton or Malone and most likely will never reach it. Plus Malone and Stockton usually delivered during playoffs, it is their supporting cast that sucked. While on Raptors it was opposite - DeRozan was disappearing during playoffs.
Derozans are not around every corner, especially in most markets. Not for a one year rental.

If we could have traded Malone and/or Stockton for a player that is much much better than they were in their prime than yes, we should have done that.
Not for a one year rental, and not while lying to them about the entire process.

The issue isn't that they traded him. That part is fine. It's that they kept him in the dark. That's really shady behavior, and I don't agree with Cy that you gotta do what you gotta do. I bet this makes players think twice before committing to Toronto.
What star player ever signed to Toronto?

I don't buy that players care that much about this stuff. You give them the bag other teams aren't offering and they coming.

Derozans are not around every corner, especially in most markets. Not for a one year rental.
You do not know that Kawhi will not resign with Raptors long term. And you are overrating DeRozan way to much.

DeRozan was all class and loyalty, Kawhi is a selfish head case. He will bolt from the Raptors at his first opportunity and the Toronto Raptors will regret this decision.

Sent from my ASUS_X018D using JazzFanz mobile app

Milan is an over paid bitch, a complete pylon . He is a retard. A professional player ? I lost more respect for you after this statement.

Sent from my ASUS_X018D using JazzFanz mobile app

You do not know that Kawhi will not resign with Raptors long term. And you are overrating DeRozan way to much.
There’s a report that Kawhi was unhappy the team wasn’t sending luxury cars to take him from the airport to the hotel and that he had to ride with the team. Apparently Westbrook gets that treatment and he was jealous. Who knew Kawhi was such a b****, yeah I’d keep the guy who was super committed and very talented over the guy who might be a better basketball player, who I have no chance of winning a title with this season, and slim to no chance of re-signing. Yes I know which I’d choose and it isn’t close. If the Jazz had a chance to trade for DM for Kawhi not only would I say no....I would say F****** no way in mother f****** hell.

There’s a report that Kawhi was unhappy the team wasn’t sending luxury cars to take him from the airport to the hotel and that he had to ride with the team. Apparently Westbrook gets that treatment and he was jealous. Who knew Kawhi was such a b****, yeah I’d keep the guy who was super committed and very talented over the guy who might be a better basketball player, who I have no chance of winning a title with this season, and slim to no chance of re-signing. Yes I know which I’d choose and it isn’t close. If the Jazz had a chance to trade for DM for Kawhi not only would I say no....I would say F****** no way in mother f****** hell.

I agree 100% it's a business and all but the raptors face the same challenges as the jazz do in luring players to play for them. As a Torontonian I see this, the Raps being the only Canadian team and Utah , a small market. So screw the player who loved the franchise and bleed its dna? Kawhi is unhappy and won't stay, it will be a tragedy for the Toronto franchise.