What's new

Dennis Lindsey is on 97.5/1280 The Zone

DL said Rudy Gobert is a top 10 player and everything they is built around him. He sounds pretty high about Gobert, Exum and Mitchell. He also sounded pretty excited about Rubio and Gobert together on the court.

DL said Rudy Gobert is a top 10 player and everything they is built around him. He sounds pretty high about Gobert, Exum and Mitchell. He also sounded pretty excited about Rubio and Gobert together on the court.

I've been saying this since Hayward bolted. We need a 'soft' reset and build around the likes of Gobert, Hood, Exum, and Mitchell.

The world is not ending, it's just a different path.

I think the whole silver lining in this entire situation was we might not have ever been good enough to beat GS while Hayward was in his prime.

We get to see how Hood handles being the #1 option and Mitchell will get more minutes now as well. Exum has looked good and will get more minutes as well.

While everyone is in their prime GS will be slowing down or have slowed down at that point. I think our championship window is 3-4 years from now.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

While losing Hayboner hurts, it may not be the worst thing in the world to have him off the books if Mitchell and Dante blow up. I dunno never want to lose someone for nothing but at least theres that.

It sounds like Lindsey, Quin and staff have already talked about a path to move forward. He mentioned Dante's and Rodney's usage rate increasing. A tantalizing tidbit was the possibility of Rubio and Mitchell gambling for steals on the perimeter knowing Rudy was behind them. Which lead me to think There could be more open court action next season.

Good job by Lindsey redirecting the focus back on the team we have rather than the one we don't. I know he doesn't have much choice, but he handled it well.

I think that pretty much closes the book on Haywood for me. I'm done being angry, ready to look forward.

I think the whole silver lining in this entire situation was we might not have ever been good enough to beat GS while Hayward was in his prime.

We get to see how Hood handles being the #1 option and Mitchell will get more minutes now as well. Exum has looked good and will get more minutes as well.

While everyone is in their prime GS will be slowing down or have slowed down at that point. I think our championship window is 3-4 years from now.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Sour grapes response tbh. If they had re-signed hayturd and added another bonafide star we would easily have competed.

Gobert's offensive production is going to go up as well.

Gobert's stats last year. . .

First 20 games

10.8 points per game - 11.1 rebounds per game - 2.6 blocks per game - .660 free throw % on 5.2 attempts per game - (+7 in +/-)

Games 21 - 40

13.8 points per game - 13.5 rebounds per game - 2.5 blocks per game - .659 free throw % on 6.3 attempts per game - (+3.6 in +/-)

Games 41 - 60

14.5 points per game - 13.7 rebounds per game - 2.6 blocks per game - .685 free throw % on 6.4 attempts per game - (+6.9 in +/-)

Games 61 - 82

17.0 points per game - 12.9 rebounds per game - 3.0 blocks per game - .608 free throw % on 5.7 attempts per game - (+4.1 in +/-)

Gobert's stats last year. . .

First 20 games

10.8 points per game - 11.1 rebounds per game - 2.6 blocks per game - .660 free throw % on 5.2 attempts per game - (+7 in +/-)

Games 21 - 40

13.8 points per game - 13.5 rebounds per game - 2.5 blocks per game - .659 free throw % on 6.3 attempts per game - (+3.6 in +/-)

Games 41 - 60

14.5 points per game - 13.7 rebounds per game - 2.6 blocks per game - .685 free throw % on 6.4 attempts per game - (+6.9 in +/-)

Games 61 - 82

17.0 points per game - 12.9 rebounds per game - 3.0 blocks per game - .608 free throw % on 5.7 attempts per game - (+4.1 in +/-)

I'd love to see 17.5 points, 13.0 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 70% from the line. Having all that happen is asking a lot but if Gobert can put a season like that together, we could actually be really ****ing legit.

I've been saying this since Hayward bolted. We need a 'soft' reset and build around the likes of Gobert, Hood, Exum, and Mitchell.

The world is not ending, it's just a different path.

I agree. I'd move Favors and Hood for another young player and start building around Gobert and hope you get good again quicker.

I'd love to see 17.5 points, 13.0 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 70% from the line. Having all that happen is asking a lot but if Gobert can put a season like that together, we could actually be really ****ing legit.

That would be incredible.

I agree. I'd move Favors and Hood for another young player and start building around Gobert and hope you get good again quicker.

I don't know who you'd bring in with Favors and Hood. I'd rather trade Hayward and green to Boston in exchange for taking back Beantown. Not sure if Ainge bites.

Me, too. But he talks SO DARN SLOWLY!

He might be self-conscious on air. I know I was when I was younger; I had a P-R job and sometimes would be on the radio. After that I did a podcast for a while and it got easier. But then you would think with how often he does interviews he would've started to relax by now.