What's new

Dennis Lindsey on with Bill and OC yesterday

seattlejazzfan

Did anybody else catch this interview? I didn't see a thread about this, if so, go ahead and merge. I ask this question mostly as it pertains to DL's comments about Alec Burks. Riley asked DL specifically about Burks role on the team and going forward in the Jazz future plans. Referenced all the questions about whether Burke and Exum can play together, the Hayward contract situation, etc, and how Burks has sort of been a forgotten man this offseason. I was proud of Riley for asking the question.

Anyway, Lindsay said Burks is a "huge" part of the Jazz plans going forward, he is unique on this Jazz team for his ability to get "on top of the rim" and also with his ability to get to the FT line. DL mentioned that Burks is one of the Jazz best guys in terms of working to get better in the offseason, mentioned that he's always been a plus athlete, but has even improved his athleticism significantly.

I'm curious about whether anybody else heard the interview because I think DL mentioned that Burks participated in "two a days" with the summer league team this summer. There was zero mention of that in the media, so I'm wondering if I heard that wrong. He said he participated with the team this summer and in his words was "fantastic".

Riley also asked about whether Burks role would be as a starter or as a scorer off the bench and Lindsey said that hasn't been decided, said he could either start or compared him to Ginobili as a "go to" scorer off the bench.

Thanks for posting, sjf.

I'm excited about the Jazz. I think Utah has great wings in Hood, Burks and Hayward. And now throw in a potential "3 and D" player in Felix. Good to hear Burks was working out with the team just like Favors. If he embraced a Ginobili role, that would be fantastic!

Now just have to find that 3rd big, whether it will be Kanter or someone else - and hope Favors continues to develop his shooting.

I have been a huge fan of Alec since the Jazz drafted him. I thought he got shafted from the beginning when he was getting benched for a few errors and vets were playing ahead of him. I think he has the potential to be an all-star/6th man of the year type player. He was one of the main reasons why I didn't think losing Hayward was that big of a deal. I hope the Jazz let Alec take over down the stretch because I don't think anyone can guard him one on one if he has his jumper working.