What's new

Dennis Lindsey >>> Sam Presti

freakazoid

Ok, now that the season is over, I expect a little eating of the crow. At the beginning of the season, there were quite a few posters who were building their shrines to the great Sam Presti, while at the same time wishing the Utah Jazz could have someone as competent.

Don't want to name names, but I will in one case: Gay Vegan Communist. GVC has been one of the better posters on this board for the better part of a decade, but doesn't show his face so much anymore. Anyway, when he does bother to show up nowadays, it's often to present his case of why Dennis Lindsey is/has been a bad GM for the Utah Jazz. I doubt he's willing to concede this point, which is why I don't expect to hear from him anytime too soon.

Other than that, I'm sure the Presti-worshippers remember who they are. Time to step up and admit that Dennis Lindsey out-Prestied the Presti, at least for this year.

Is this the same guy that drafted three different MVPs in subsequent years without a number 1 pick? What a bum.

Is this the same guy that drafted three different MVPs in subsequent years without a number 1 pick? What a bum.

Yep.

Same guy who traded Olidipo for one year of George and traded <who cares, really?> for Melo.

The point is, some people were knobbslobbin this guy at the beginning of the season, only to see this Dennis Lindsey (can't do nothin') squad beat their ***.

Bwaahaa

Can't imagine anyone predicted that, though. You know, except for some guys like me.

I mean, nearly everyone was praising the George trade because at worst it got off (what everyone perceived at the time) was an overpaid contract in Oladipo.

I mean, nearly everyone was praising the George trade because at worst it got off (what everyone perceived at the time) was an overpaid contract in Oladipo.
I’ve wondered how awesome an Oladipo/Mitchell backcourt would be.

I agree that DL is better than Sam P but I still appreciate what Sam P did. Good leaders and good GM's take risks. By definition that means sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I applaud him for being bold even though it didn't work out as desired. Much better than sitting on ones hands. FWIW I think he would have been much better off if he would have stopped after getting PG and leaving Melo in NY. Either way I like his boldness.

I think DL is a better GM than Presti, but Sam does what he can with a bad situation. How many all stars have left OKC and got better after leaving? 8 I think? Prestige needs to bite the bullet and shoot RWB out of a cannon.

i wonder if durrant would have stayed with the thunder if they moved westbrook and kept durrant.

I think DL is a better GM than Presti, but Sam does what he can with a bad situation. How many all stars have left OKC and got better after leaving? 8 I think? Prestige needs to bite the bullet and shoot RWB out of a cannon.

I was gonna quote op's 2nd post but this is a better point.

DL has said that Pesti is the best GM in the league. He's been hamstringed by a corporate ownership structure (major leagues shouldn't ever have such) and couldn't build the 3 time championship that was obviously there.

Blame Justin Timberlake and the rest of the dickhead ownership group and respect Presti like DL does.