What's new

Derek Chauvin Murder Trial

Can you elaborate on that. You mean my sarcasm?
I was basing that solely on my imperfect recollection of Jason's note, and the fact that cracker is a pretty inoffensive word. Any attempt to create an equivalence between it and other words is solely self-serving and ludicrous.
Eenie-Meenie's behavior in this thread, and outside this thread, on this topic crossed a big line. He will be serving a 6-month suspension.

Carry on with respect.

I was basing that solely on my imperfect recollection of Jason's note, and the fact that cracker is a pretty inoffensive word. Any attempt to create an equivalence between it and other words is solely self-serving and ludicrous.

Lol

Inoffensive.

You're right though.

This is a shameful indictment on the law enforcement of our country.

Go to the website of the American Civil Liberties Union and other advocacy groups and you'll find a list of motorists' rights and how to stay safe during a traffic stop: Be courteous. Stay calm. You don't have to consent to a search. Keep your hands where the police can see them...
A 2019 study of nearly 100 million traffic stops nationwide concluded that Black drivers are 20% more likely to get pulled over than White drivers
Who is this serving? Who is this protecting? Groups are so tired of people exploited and killed by cops that they’re providing them with advice and tips like buying dashcams so they have evidence to present when they’re harassed.

Is this really the best we can do? How is this system helping anyone?

There's no expectation of confidentiality when sending an unsolicited message via DM.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app
I guess not. I know, however, I wouldn't do it. It's like the kid who tattletales to the teacher. You call it DM, which a relatively new term. I think it used to be called PM. Now it's Conversation. Anyway, it was supposed to be private, or I would've posted it on the board. Why would anyone post a Conversation that is directed to specific individuals on the board? If they don't like it, they can complain to the Mods.

Last edited:
No, I didn't say that. I just pointed it out that while it was offensive, it shouldn't have been posted for the rest of the board to see because it was a private message.
In other words, you didn't expect to be held to account for what you said, because you said it privately. Does that sound like a reasonable defense to you?

Last edited:
In other words, you didn't expect to be held to account for what you said, because you said it privately. Does sound sound like a reasonable defense to you?
Why are people putting words in my mouth? I didn't say that. I said it was private and I think it was immature and catty to post it on the board.

In other words, you didn't expect to be held to account for what you said, because you said it privately. Does sound sound like a reasonable defense to you?
I just reported this because you are harassing me, okay. I tried to explain why I was upset and while I admitted that I shouldn't have done that, neither should my PM been put on the board because it was private.

One further word about the police academies. Some of you might know from news reports that in these academies, officers are TRAINED to shoot to kill. That is when they pull their gun they are TRAINED to shoot in the area of largest mass, that is the chest. In other words at the heart, which obviously will kill someone. That needs to change.

The other thing about those stats I posted. They are from a website which I linked. But I have in the past checked these stats and they are correct. I need to emphasize that in the UK with a population of 60 million there are only 50-60 deaths caused by police annually compared to more than a 1,000 in the U.S. Why is that? Because most police there don't carry guns, they carry billy clubs. They also have much stricter gun control laws. It's the same in Japan. This is why their rates for deaths caused by law enforcement are so much lower. And there is less crime in those nations as well.

Of course they are different societies. Their cultures also aren't plagued by the extreme racism that exists here. We have a big problem and we need acknowledge it and do something about it.
Racism exists everywhere. It is not an American invention. In the UK all you have to go to find it is at a soccer game. Japan is not exactly filled with other cultures or a diverse society but racism exists there too.

Also, your airway and trachea are in the front of your neck not the back. While kneeling on the back of the neck will be painful, it will not cut off the airway, hence this being a long standing method of subduing a perp with no deaths as a result.

Couple that with the fact that he was almost immediately saying he couldn't breathe (aĺl the while talking), establishes that he was going into cardiac arrest due to the drugs in his system as the scene unfolded.

Also, Chauvin knew he was being recorded and had a crowd of witnesses. There is no way that this LEO would have performed an act of any kind that would lead to death with literally all eyes on him.

This case, like many others these days is racially motivated and anti-cop. Hallmarks of the woke society.
Wow!!! You some kind of doctor? Cops bring the negative by the fact that many of them never even try to deescalate the situation. To simple rationalize away that race is the issue and not the bad behavior of some cops is ridiculous.

I just reported this because you are harassing me, okay. I tried to explain why I was upset and while I admitted that I shouldn't have done that, neither should my PM been put on the board because it was private.
A) I actually agree with your main points in this thread, the ones not about you, but about the thread topic.
B) I thought the 6 month ban was excessive, and am glad, although surprised, that it was backed down. I actually wouldn't have banned you at all, but I understand that there's no other tools in the moderator's toolbox.
C) That being said, despite what you think, there is no board rule against posting a message publicly. It may be gauche, but not illegal.
D) If you think my replies to you are harassment, you've got a mighty low bar.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a hung jury. It’s almost impossible to convict a police officer for killing someone. The political and racial issues of our country will be severely exacerbated too. I hope I’m wrong and justice is served. But OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony show that juries sometimes will hold firm to an opinion no matter what the evidence is.

I think deep down inside, most republicans hope for something like a hung jury. It would trigger protests we haven’t seen since last summer and completely change the focus from our great vaccine effort and Biden’s popular Infrastructure bill back to the culture war.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a hung jury. It’s almost impossible to convict a police officer for killing someone. The political and racial issues of our country will be severely exacerbated too. I hope I’m wrong and justice is served. But OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony show that juries sometimes will hold firm to an opinion no matter what the evidence is.

I think deep down inside, most republicans hope for something like a hung jury. It would trigger protests we haven’t seen since last summer and completely change the focus from our great vaccine effort and Biden’s popular Infrastructure bill back to the culture war.
And it only takes one juror to get a hung jury. But, with the case the prosecution presented, and only needing to find that Chauvin’s actions were a “substantial contributing factor” to Floyd’s death, hard to believe how any juror would think he did not provide a substantial contributing factor.