What's new

Deron as a leader tonight=FAIL

Yeah, it was tough watching poor little Hayward cry after the big mean man yelled at him for a teensy weensy mistake. Oh wait that wasn't him - it was you guys.

...Deron was just frustrated last night because he got completely schooled by a 36 year old point guard, who just happened to be a back to back MVP a few years ago...and probably should have won 3 in a row! Nash is a top 10 smartest player in NBA history. Can't say that about Deron now or ever.

why cuz nash is white. You are such a clown..Lmao at people who want deron to cuddle hayward. Dwill knows just like me that this was a wasted pick for the jazz and also you want your pg to be an extension of your coach on the floor, and guess what jerry aint all roses and candies with rookies. Dwill be allright in the past and to say he never will be nash.lmao.What has nash done except win 2 mvps with a team that plays zero defense?????I bet you carolinajazz thought pistol pete is a top5 player of all time. What a joke. nash has never carried his team to a finals. If nash was black you would call hinm a street baller but since he is white he is smart right?

I didn't mind the spat with Hayward. Frustration boils over at points. What I didnt' like was how he tried to decapitate Hayward with the pass to him in the corner after he didnt' run through. That was like a Strasburg fastball. There's a balance you have to maintain. You can't treat the rookie like mistakes are ok. This is the NBA and expectations are higher.

why cuz nash is white. You are such a clown..Lmao at people who want deron to cuddle hayward. Dwill knows just like me that this was a wasted pick for the jazz and also you want your pg to be an extension of your coach on the floor, and guess what jerry aint all roses and candies with rookies. Dwill be allright in the past and to say he never will be nash.lmao.What has nash done except win 2 mvps with a team that plays zero defense?????I bet you carolinajazz thought pistol pete is a top5 player of all time. What a joke. nash has never carried his team to a finals. If nash was black you would call hinm a street baller but since he is white he is smart right?

You need to stop with your "lmao's" in every post. It's not that funny.

I bet you carolinajazz thought pistol pete is a top5 player of all time. What a joke. nash has never carried his team to a finals. If nash was black you would call hinm a street baller but since he is white he is smart right?

...nah, Pistol Pete ain't no where near top 5 player of all time....maybe top 5 ball handler, but that's where it stops! Oh, by the way, Nash doesn't have a single drop of hopper blood in him....he's straight cold stone brains who treats the game with respect and dignity!

CJ made one shot tonight, but he took his man 1-on-1, didn't look to pass, and hucked up a prayer that went in. He's 1-8 on the season.

Deron seems to be struggling with the whole leadership/spokesman thing. Boozer seemed to be a lot more vocal and involved with the media than Deron in years past. Hopefully Deron will work it out.
As others have noted, CJ has yet to show up. And he's supposed to be the lead dog of the 2nd unit? This is not a good move... Watson is competing with Price, plus is still learning and new to the team, so not a great option either. CJ is just too young and immature.

Again, if CJ weren't in the NBA, he would still be working on his medical school residency. He's just a kid!

If I remember rightt the team was struggling last year until Deron went out with an injury and Maynor got to play--then they seemed to gel.

Does that make 228 posts in a row that reference black vs white in some way?
I'm going to report this post to Vinylone, so he can report it for you posting in the wrong discussion and report you for being a hack.
All future posts about Black vs. White should be in the new Forum, "Black vs White fanz".
By the way I find this interesting-- There are more smart black NBA players than smart white NBA players. There are more smart white Lacrosse players, than smart black lacrosse players. There are more white chess grandmasters than black chess grandmasters. There are more white professional skateboarders than black professional skateboarders. There are more black pointguards on the Utah Jazz, than white pointguards on the Utah Jazz. More people buy white bread than black bread. The US has moved from using blackboards, to using whiteboards. More people like Blackberry's than Whiteberry's. Cocaine is white. Amex's most prestigious card is their Black card. Wedding dresses are generally white. The Rolling Stones think you should Paint it Black. Snow is white. Black clouds indicate a storm. When a city loses power, it is a blackout. ............ Are we done now?

Deron getting on Hayward for not cutting was symbolic of no one moving the entire night. This is the sort of game where Ronnie Brewer gets 5 back door dunks (and goes 5-8 and we'd love him for his shooting.) I saw A LOT of standing around. There were times i was screaming for the Jazz to continue playing. One time AK was doing some sort of something with the ball and simultaneously all Jazz players began moving away from the hoop. Multiple times, there were opportunities where a simple movement away from the ball would have created an easy play. But the Jazz spent too much time standing around.

Other misc thoughts
Also, i don't recall if the ball was EVER thrown to the guy running the 'Harpring Curl'.
Raja's shot was off so he was out of sync and I thought the offense stagnated with his every touch
Milsap worked harder than anyone for this game
Big Al shot a couple of shots 1 on 4... he's got a few habits to break
Fes game is erratic. And it was more evident on a team that can't run the offense. But i felt he was trying.
the lazyness of not getting back on D against the Suns is just horrendous.
The team D is as lost as the team O. However, at least on D you can just work hard to make some for execution. I saw quite a bit of lazy effort on D.
CJ...
AK did have a number of forced plays but he's the only one who'll attempt a pass that is moving toward the basket. (DWill excepted)
Hayward does look like a player.

As a Sloan Apologist (liking Jerry means you have be labeled in some derogatory manner in these parts) i'm shocked at the team energy level and i think that is a coaching issue. I would have bet big money on the team working hard even if it is not yet 'gelling as a team.' And with the exception of Milsap it appeared everyone else was 'sorta' interested.

Jerry is like "If you do not care, neither I do" in recent years. He wants the players to figure out the importance of the values of the game but the way players get the idea is experiencing from first hand, seeing lapses and struggles on the floor by themselves. And, while that costs us some ballgames, I think the reason why Jerry insists on it is he believes that the struggles players go through will help them make themselves better basketball players in long term, who see the game as a profession and knows the importance of discipline. That's just my opinion.