What's new

Derrick Favors: "Hit the weight room"

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 848

https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/52867472-62/favors-derrick-lake-looks.html.csp

derrick favors flexxed his biceps while cj miles stuck an imaginary microphone in his face.
"why did you dunk on jeremy evans," miles asked, impersonating the salt lake city media.
"he needed to hit the weight room," came the retort from favors.
The exchange was in jest, but the intent is clear: Derrick favors is a much better player now than when he was traded to the jazz last february as a wide-eyed rookie.
Favors scored 24 points on an impressive display of dunks and jump hooks in monday night's charity exhibition at salt lake community college.
His drop step and dunk on evans, though, was arguably the play of the game.
Favors is more explosive than he was last year, he's more refined offensively in the post and he looks much more confident.
"derrick is a potential all-star," ronnie price said.
Favors certainly looks as if he's headed that way. And at this point, a summer of workouts looks to have paid off.
"it was about me getting more confident," favors said. "i worked a lot on my game and i just want to make an impact."
tony jones

nba lockout plz plz plz plz plz plz end

Hahaha, good to see Favors improving and what seems to be creating some chemistry with his teammates.

Hahaha, good to see Favors improving and what seems to be creating some chemistry with his teammates.

After hearing this and his interview as well, I feel like Favors's characteristic shyness is vanishing.

Favors also took a three pointer (a little bit behind the college, not quite NBA three) he didn't hit it, but it looked natural and like it was within his range (I don't expect him to become a Memo, but I do think its possible that he will have a fantastic mid-range jumper.) He was amazing all night long. There were amazing alley-oops thrown to him and Jeremy Evans in the third quarter.

P.S. He also sent the message to Kanter that he needs to hit the weight room and get quicker!

Favors seemed totally different than last year. He was joking, smiling, even teasing the other teammates a bit. That interview that you see with Smith is seems to be the new norm. I honestly think he's finally relaxed a bit and might even be having a some fun.

Big Al, Favors and Millsap all seemed to be legit when we heard they were working out. As for CJ.....well, seemed like the same old thing to me.

Millsap is by far the biggest change. He's noticeably smaller, and it's no secret now (especially after CJ's interview) that he's going to try to play SF a lot. I'm not sure how a big bodied Millsap on Jenny Craig is going to handle the change. I thought he had a solid game before, but I'm impressed that he's molding his game to what the Jazz need. Makes me like the guy even more.

I'd love to see a good natured, relaxed Favors off the court that's a beast on the court. He could rule Salt Lake if it translates into an all start performance.

I loved the slow motion. Are there any highlights of Kanter or Burks?
I've been doing YouTube searches and then changing the options to sort by date posted.

There are plenty of amazing Jeremy Evans highlights. Some of Burks.

Did anyone have the clip in which Favors dunked over Evans? I missed that.....
I also missed where Favors got called for travelling on that play at the 0:58 mark (lifting up his pivot foot) ...

(not that refs would call that :|)

In any case, I like the Mailman-like comment by Favors, even if in jest.