What's new

Derrick Favors' PER

r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t

Contributor
is now up to 14.8. that is about the same as Al Horford his rookie season. the future looks bright for this guy. fwiw, Dwight Howard put up a 17.2 his rookie year.

He looks like he is going to be a beast doesn't he? Tonight when he slammed that ball down on Yi(where he didn't get the foul call) he was pretty pissed off and a little vocal about it. It is good to see the emotion and the major athleticism he possesses.

And those numbers include 50+ games in NJ where the team did nothing but dangle him as trade bait.

The Nets never tried to develop him or run plays for him. Avery Johnson would just send him out there and tell him to make hustle plays, grab boards and get put-backs.

After what he's been through, as a sign of good faith to him and his family, The Jazz should exercise his option as soon as possible for the 12-13 season.

is now up to 14.8. that is about the same as Al Horford his rookie season. the future looks bright for this guy. fwiw, Dwight Howard put up a 17.2 his rookie year.

Dwight Howard was good enough to start 82 games his rookie season and averaged over 32 minutes per game.

I'm not taking anything away from Favors here, but comparing him to Dwight, Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, or any other HOFer is glazed-eyed fanboyism.

Favors is going to be a stud. He might be J-Smoove stud or he might be sub-Howard stud.

For the record, I wasn't very impressed with Howard's rookie season. You never know what a player is going to turn into. That's the beauty of the NBA.

I have high hopes for Favors, I hope he can deliver. The thing I like about him is he has a nice 10-15 jumpshot sometime that Howard still hasn't developed.

Any chance for some new favors highlights (from the past 2 weeks)? Seems to be the only thing, in addition to Haywards development, that keeps me interested. Prodigy?

Any chance for some new favors highlights (from the past 2 weeks)? Seems to be the only thing, in addition to Haywards development, that keeps me interested. Prodigy?

This.

Favors dunks, and Hayward's blocks are the only reason to tune in anymore. Can't wait to see Favors 2011 highlight video.

He looks like he is going to be a beast doesn't he? Tonight when he slammed that ball down on Yi(where he didn't get the foul call) he was pretty pissed off and a little vocal about it. It is good to see the emotion and the major athleticism he possesses.
I put a link to the highlight of that dunk in the game thread and it was McGee not Yi.

Dwight Howard was good enough to start 82 games his rookie season and averaged over 32 minutes per game.

I'm not taking anything away from Favors here, but comparing him to Dwight, Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, or any other HOFer is glazed-eyed fanboyism.

Favors is going to be a stud. He might be J-Smoove stud or he might be sub-Howard stud.

I don't disagree with your main point but the flip side is the Magic were bad enough that he could start 82 games and play 32+ minutes per night.

Let's not cherry pick, his PER is 13.4 for the year. Below the NBA average, but pretty good for a 19 year old rook.