What's new

Derrick Favors, The Lord of the Emotions! Is he the future leader of the Jazz team?

Derrick Favors, The Lord of the Emotions! Can he be the future leader of the Jazz team?

• A) Yes he can be, and he will be.

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • B) He can be, but he won't be.

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • C) No he can't be, and he won't be.

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MK11

Derrick Favors, The Lord of the Emotions! Is he the future leader of the Jazz team?

yFGKA.jpg

Day by day, I love Derrick Favors and his game more and more. At first I was one of the guys who thinks that Favors' silent character will be a problem for his game, development and his future. But now I started to believe that he's developing fairly well despite the inadequate playing time he's getting. And in my eyes, he looks a little bit more like Tim Duncan by every passing game.

I've already been thinking that he looks like Tim Duncan from the begining, but I wasn't convinced about that his upside would be more than a poor man's Duncan. Yet a poor man's Duncan is still very good, now I believe he can be more than that. Yes the kid is quiet as hell but it's not quiet like he's a simple Simon. His quietness is more of a like Timmy's. I still think that he doesn't show Duncan's smartness on the court or off the court but he's not a dumb guy either.

Last of all, if the Jazz organization tries to give the role of leadership to Favors at leisure, from now on, with the vets are gone one by one and with the improvement of his game, I think Favors can have all the things what it takes to be a Duncan-like leader and wouldn't make us disappointed, likely.

Hell, now you may say "What the hell are you talking about, the guy has not even given enough playing time let alone the leadersh..."

Hehe:D, what can I say, you're right!

OK, btw, this is more realistic than the first image :)

wUuKq.jpg

And, this is a rare scene, only on Jazzfanz! :)

meI2g.jpg

Last edited:
Frontrunner for thread of the year, and we are only 3 months in.

"I Just Had Sex" Favors. The best.

Also, I don't know if he can be the leader, just doesn't seem vocal enough. He could be the defensive leader though, the guy is a monster defending every facet of the floor (besides closing on lame stretch 4's).

Early running for my fav poster ever. You my friend are a beast among.......Bluesrocker and Beantown(?).....and a few beasts mixed in there too, .......somewhere.

What an awesome post. I love the influx of Turks we got with Kanter. They're all just great.

Our boy need to talk to " the dentist"

I had a dentist appointment yesterday (6 months check up and cleaning), and I was amazed how bad the doctor's teeth were. They were clean and all, but very crooked.

What an awesome post. I love the influx of Turks we got with Kanter. They're all just great.

Agreed. Between Okur and Kanter, it was bound to happen. I just need to remember to wear Jazz gear next time I'm in Turkey to make insta-friends.

i is got one thing to say bro,,masallah :),,this was soo funny,,i know u dont have much time lately because of your work,but keep them caming..

kebab20ko.jpg

"
Also, I don't know if he can be the leader, just doesn't seem vocal enough. He could be the defensive leader though, the guy is a monster defending every facet of the floor (besides closing on lame stretch 4's).

I agree about his defense.

Maybe he can improve his vocal-ness if he's given the responsibilities. You know, rigth now he has just a low rank among the vets.

He had more of a Ben Wallace game last night than a Tim Duncan game.

Not that he has a completely different game than Duncan's but, he resembles Duncan a lot, to me, with his stance on the court. Only if he had Duncan's length too... But that doesn't hurt, he has the edge athletic wise...

Agreed. Between Okur and Kanter, it was bound to happen. I just need to remember to wear Jazz gear next time I'm in Turkey to make insta-friends.

Just be careful about the insta-friends, my friend! :)

Thanks for all good comments guys, I appreciate...

i is got one thing to say bro,,masallah :),,this was soo funny,,i know u dont have much time lately because of your work,but keep them caming..

kebab20ko.jpg

Kebab connection......

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I agree with Siromar. Other than Sepanol, the Turkish posters have all been pretty awesome. Even Sepanol aint that bad, in all honesty. Plus, he was probably the only one who predicted Kanter's success this early. Regardless though, MK11 has been on a 410 post hot-streak with no intention of stopping

He'll be like a Milsap I think, but his work ethic has really been impressing me. He's worked at so many differenet facets of his game, from free throws to post moves to left handed shots.
Burks and Hayward also have real good work ethics. I remember in the summer, Hayward and Burks were doing 2 a days. Kanter's is also good (remember, kept his body fat at 5.8% at draft combine day). Good group of 4 young guys.