What's new

Derrick Rose Bursts into Tears at the Adidas D-Rose III Launch

Of course it's tough for a competitor like Rose to be rehabbing when everyone else is working out and getting ready for camp. I expect him to get back to full strength. It'll be interesting to see how the Bulls will fare in his absence.

so he cries, and he's badass, passionate....and AK is crucified....
What's the deal, is it because he is on the Bulls and not the Jazz?
or is it because he called a press conference to do it?

Synergy and emotion are notions that grow with bigger number of people that share your feelings. Not everyone on the screen is an a-hole.

I already liked this guy for not bowing down to LeDouche and all the other FA's by refusing to recruit them to play in Chitown. This now takes his appeal to a whole 'nother level for me. Godspeed Mr. Rose.

BESIDES that AK was crying simply because he got his poor wittle feelings hurt and Rose's are tears somewhere between gratitude and disappointment/sadness/worry at not being able to carry his team after a likely career changing (dampening) injury? Yeah, you're onto something gumshoe.

All conjecture.
Derrick was the one who cried for the camera, and a sponsor.
The other distinctions are all speculation, nothing more.
I've never seen AK cry.

Last edited:

I agree here.
AK and Rose are two different situations, but I believe they cried for the same reasons.
Both players are passionate for the game, and that's what brings the tears.

If this was 2006 and AK had a press conference where he started to break down and cry about all his back spasm injuries and so forth, he would be loved and it would be about his love of the game.

Or what if this was 2009 and Memo had a press conference where he cried about his career threatening injury that may have cost the Jazz the playoffs?
He would be loved, and said it was for the love of the game.

I like D-Rose just fine, and I respect his emotional moment just as much as I respected AK's off-screen breakdown.

I agree here.
AK and Rose are two different situations, but I believe they cried for the same reasons.
Both players are passionate for the game, and that's what brings the tears.

If this was 2006 and AK had a press conference where he started to break down and cry about all his back spasm injuries and so forth, he would be loved and it would be about his love of the game.

Or what if this was 2009 and Memo had a press conference where he cried about his career threatening injury that may have cost the Jazz the playoffs?
He would be loved, and said it was for the love of the game.

I like D-Rose just fine, and I respect his emotional moment just as much as I respected AK's off-screen breakdown.

He's a ***** of course he's more emotional than Memo. Memo's highlights of his life already passed. D-Rose wants to **** the league up. That's why he's the one who's crying. And he is the young one dealing with that ****. Memo's *** hair is shredded pastry compared to him.