What's new

Derrick Rose needs surgery for torn meniscus

Even if he can play in 6 weeks he shouldn't come back until the playoffs. Maybe 15 min a game for a week or 2 to warm up but that's it.

Not worth the risk. He's put them in a good position.

Edit I guess that is about 6 weeks anyway duh

Even if he can play in 6 weeks he shouldn't come back until the playoffs. Maybe 15 min a game for a week or 2 to warm up but that's it.

Not worth the risk. He's put them in a good position.

Edit I guess that is about 6 weeks anyway duh

Where you getting 6 weeks from? From what I'm reading....4 or 5 months when you have the surgery. Who knows for him though.....he might just call it good one of these days if he hasn't blown through all his money.

Where you getting 6 weeks from? From what I'm reading....4 or 5 months when you have the surgery. Who knows for him though.....he might just call it good one of these days if he hasn't blown through all his money.

The link above said that best case scenario was 6 weeks.

Although the projected timetable for a return from a meniscus tear can be as little as six weeks, it's hard to estimate how long Rose may be out. A lot will depend on the type of operation Rose undergoes.

As little as 6 weeks if he has it removed (or cut away) and then there are bad affects down the road. If they try to repair it it will be like 5 months. Had 2 bad tears in mine in October playing basketball, had surgery for a repair in November. I can't even think about jumping on it yet, barely walking halfway normal now.

As little as 6 weeks if he has it removed (or cut away) and then there are bad affects down the road. If they try to repair it it will be like 5 months. Had 2 bad tears in mine in October playing basketball, had surgery for a repair in November. I can't even think about jumping on it yet, barely walking halfway normal now.

Oh man, that sucks. Here's to you and Derrick getting healed up.

Apparently D-Whistle's knee issues are related to removing the meniscus:

https://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mi...-heat-regrets-having-meniscus-removed-college

With hindsight, Dwyane Wade says surgery to remove the meniscus from his left knee 11 years ago while he was at Marquette led to the ongoing knee problems he's had with the Miami Heat.