What's new

Deseret News - Kobe Bryant trends online after appearance in ‘The Last Dance’

H

Herb Scribner

AP20029211034973.0.jpg
A picture of Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan is played at a memorial for Kobe Bryant in front of Staples Center Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2020, in Los Angeles. Bryant, the 18-time NBA All-Star who won five championships and became one of the greatest basketball players of his generation during a 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers, died in a helicopter crash Sunday. | Rinog H.W. Chiu, Associated Press
Kobe Bryant appeared in an interview for ‘The Last Dance.’ Twitter had a lot to say

ESPN aired the fifth episode of “The Last Dance” Sunday night, dedicating the episode to Kobe Bryant.

The episode opened at the 1998 All-Star Game where Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan faced off in brief one-on-one moments. The episode showed clips of Jordan trash-talking Bryant from the locker room.

Meanwhile, Bryant praised Jordan in interviews previously filmed for the documentary. Bryant said he wouldn’t have won his NBA titles with the Los Angeles Lakers had it not been for Jordan and his teachings.

Social media immediately praised Kobe after his appearance.

that intro just tore me apart man. Man I wish Kobe was here to see this man. Thank you for sharing that beautiful and special footage Mike! We miss you Bean❤️ ! #TheLastDance

— Quinn Cook (@QCook323) May 4, 2020

We really lost Kobe man

— SUB ZERO (@CardoGotWings) May 4, 2020

Just seeing Kobe there talking... man. Still can’t believe he’s gone. Mamba forever fr

— Overtime (@overtime) May 4, 2020

It will never feel real Kobe isn't here with us..

— Jamal Crawford (@JCrossover) May 4, 2020

Still hasn't sunk in with me that Kobe isn't here anymore. I don't think it ever will.

— Aye throw that Boyz II Men on (@DragonflyJonez) May 4, 2020

Miss you Kobe. #MambaForever pic.twitter.com/izQ3SuQ705

— Complex Sports (@ComplexSports) May 4, 2020

this is so wild to watch kobe give new interview footage

— whitney medworth (@its_whitney) May 4, 2020

Man, gotta be honest... a lot of emotions watching Jordan and Kobe #TheLastDance

— Jorge Sedano (@Sedano) May 4, 2020

Seeing Kobe tear up about his relationship with Michael got me pic.twitter.com/xXwqjMBB2X

— Stephen A. Smith Burner (@SASBurnerAcct) May 4, 2020

“That little Laker Boy”

RIP Kobe ♥️ pic.twitter.com/8euMnK1GBf

— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) May 4, 2020

My stomach dropped when Kobe’s interview came on the screen.

— Paolo Uggetti (@PaoloUggetti) May 4, 2020

Full Story from the Deseret News...