What's new

Detroit Pistons @ Utah Jazz, 8pm Central Time

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
img_54627d2f857a9.jpg

His Hairness is going to deliver some smiting to those who doubted him in the past.....

Over-in-Orlando-Van-Gundy-hopes-not-GP1EQTQM-x-large.jpg

Actual Quotes from this clown, who is now a GM of a NBA franchise.

"There are a lot of people out there that seemed to think this guy was going to go for near max money," Van Gundy told the Salt Lake City radio station. "I don't see that, myself. I think he's a very good player, very athletic, can do a lot of things. But I think the way the game is going, a perimeter guy who is not a good shooter, not a real good shooter, I think that limits his value in today's game."

Hayward is averaging 16 points, five rebounds and five assists a game, but is shooting just 40 percent from the floor. Van Gundy said he believes Hayward is worth "a little bit above the mid-level exception," or about $6.5 million to $7 million.

Well at the time Van Gundy was pretty spot on but maybe a tad low on the salary amount. However, Gordon has transformed himself this year is has EARNED his salary this year.

Thinking of taking the drive and going to this game. Need to get me my authentic Gobert jersey and I can't find one online.

There are actually 3 constants in life. Death, Taxes, and the Utah Jazz beating the Detroit Pistons.

There are actually 3 constants in life. Death, Taxes, and the Utah Jazz beating the Detroit Pistons.

Without Gobert it may be an uphill climb - Pistons try to wear you down with size the same way Utah does. Booker is way too undersized to guard either Monroe or Drummond.

I realize this is a different team; but Utah was lucky to win in Detroit back in November. Game is definitely not a gimmie.

I'm convinced we could put together a team of Jazzfanz all-stars and as long as we are wearing the Utah Jazz Jersey, we still beat Detroit. we are 16 and 4 out of the last 20, and the Jazz haven't been world beaters the last 10 years. . .

stan van gundy's defensive strategy

video removed for profanity

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope Rudy plays. I got free tickets to the game tonight and am dying to see Rudy dominate in person. If he's out our defense won't be all that great

Man if Rudy doesn't play we are going to Jeremy Evans, Booker and Benimon(sp?) getting pushed around by Drummond and Monroe all game long.

I haven't heard the low-down on Rudy. Can someone post a link or something? Why might he not play?

Even if Gobert is out, I still think we win. Detroit played in Portland last night, just like Houston did when they played us last time. That is a very difficult back-to-back. Houston actually had a reason to be motivated and looked flat. Detroit is in a huge slump and they will be fatigued.

I'd be surprised if he plays. The Jazz don't have much more to prove this season, they've beaten nearly every contender there is.

Why? It was just an ankle sprain, what appeared to be a minor one at that.

Hard to say how bad or minor it was from what we saw. If it is only minor, ok, but I'd rather play it safe. Winning or losing this game is not important. If it were, then of course Rudy would play, but if there's a risk of further injury it's not worth having him play for a meaningless game.