What's new

Devin Harris

Why not and try and get involved in the Melo deal to New Jersey. The Thugs don't really want Harris since they have Lawson. I think Harris could play point and D Will 2 or they could be inter changeable. Harris can create his own shot pretty well and we would probably have the best back court duo. Give AK to Jersey and involve other pieces to make it work.

They're giving up Billups if this deal happens. Of course they want Harris. Lawson isn't going to play 48 minutes.

Dumb.

Harris would be a killer backup and he and D Will could play together running the flex offense. But Devon would have to be the 2 guard. I think they play D Will too much at 2 guard as it is. But we would never be able to get him. Might as well hope to get Lopez out of the deal. Now that would rock.

Harris would be a killer backup and he and D Will could play together running the flex offense. But Devon would have to be the 2 guard. I think they play D Will too much at 2 guard as it is. But we would never be able to get him. Might as well hope to get Lopez out of the deal. Now that would rock.

The trade that I still want to see the Jazz do is the AK/Bell for Andre Iguodala/Jason Kapono one. I think that it would be fantastic for both teams involved. Jazz would finally get their high-quality shooting guard (Iguodala) that would take pressure off of Deron in the backcourt. The Jazz would also get salary cap relief with Jason Kapono's $6,641,440 expiring contract. Kapono would also be good off the bench for the Jazz as a one year rental shooter for the playoffs. Kapono would basically fill the SG/SF role behind Ronnie Price and C.J. Miles. This move would also give Gordon Hayward more minutes by inserting him into the starting lineup at SF. This move would also help out Philadelphia, as they get a huge expiring contract in AK to help their young and developing roster with the cap relief that they need to sign free agents and give their young players large deals. While it is for multiple seasons, Raja Bell's contract is MUCH smaller than Andre Iguodala's multi year deal. Raja would come off the bench for his former team. AK would likely start or be a sixth man-type player for the 76ers. Philly probably would want draft picks in the trade, which we would likely be willing to give to them because the Jazz have a young and really talented team that is probably going to be making the playoffs frequently over the next few years. Translation: they will likely be picks in the mid to high 20's of the first round.

Jazz Depth Chart
PG: Deron Williams, Earl Watson, Ronnie Price
SG: Andre Iguodala, Ronnie Price, Jason Kapono
SF: Gordon Hayward, C.J. Miles, Jason Kapono/Jeremy Evans
PF: Paul Millsap, Mehmet Okur, Jeremy Evans/Francisco Elson
C: Al Jefferson, Kyrylo Fesenko, Francisco Elson

Why would we want Iggy for? We tried the "athletic freak that can't shoot" experiment before with Deshawn Stevenson and Ronnie Brewer. The ideal SG in our system would be Ray Allen, but that won't happen...

trade for iggy and kapono means no D.

stevenson of the past was a work in progress .. today's stevenson is quite serviceable

Why would we want Iggy for? We tried the "athletic freak that can't shoot" experiment before with Deshawn Stevenson and Ronnie Brewer. The ideal SG in our system would be Ray Allen, but that won't happen...

I'm pretty sure he's the ideal SG in ANY offense.

But back to the Iggy idea... There's no way that the Jazz do that. Kapono isn't even playing this year for a semi-bad sixers team, why do we want him? And then we take on a few overpriced years of AI? There's no way in hades that the Jazz do that.

Why not and try and get involved in the Melo deal to New Jersey. The Thugs don't really want Harris since they have Lawson. I think Harris could play point and D Will 2 or they could be inter changeable. Harris can create his own shot pretty well and we would probably have the best back court duo. Give AK to Jersey and involve other pieces to make it work.

Propose a trade scenario so we can analyze it. There's nothing to work with here... yet.

...I was a big Harris fan when he played for Dallas....as he was one of the few guards that played excellent ball denial defense! Haven't seen him play in recent years...and he's probably stopped doing that, gotten lazy on a fat contract and has basically turned into a hopper!

I still can't figure out why we would want Igoudala... Philly would love for us to take his huge contract that still has 4 years left of about 15 mil a year, all for a guy who is scoring 14 ppg, and shooting an awful 34% from 3 this season. No thank you. As for Devin Harris, do we really want to spend 9 mil a year on a guy who plays the same position as our best/franchise player? Also confusing.

Im sure there was a Mayo thread in the general discussion forum about players who cheated the system. Thats about where he needs to stay.

Something to notice is that Harris is only playing 31.9 minutes on the year (I guess Johnson has a major crush on Jordan Farmar).

If you adjust Harris' minutes to match D-Will's, here is how their stats match up on the season:

Williams
21.3 points, 9.7 assists, 3.9 rebounds, 1.2 steals, 3.5 turnovers

Harris
17.4 points, 8.8 assists, 2.8 rebounds, 1.3 steals, 3.4 turnovers

I'm not going to be an idiot and say he will perfectly replace D-Will, but I'm hoping the drop-off isn't as drastic as some on this board would like to think.