What's new

Dia Frampton - "The Broken Ones"

KatieMCR

Remember Dia's run and narrow 2nd place finish on The Voice? Well she did get a record deal from it. She has released her debut single, and the full length album "Red" is coming on December 6th. Below is the video for "The Broken Ones". I really like the song. Posting it here, as there were some people here who said they like Dia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz04teo1j9k&hd=1

Maybe the gang fight was overdone, but there's a lot more ways people get broken than a street--or backwoods--fight, and nothing beats a sympathetic beautiful girl with a smooth voice and some idealism.

I liked the procession of this song, it has that 4 beat structure I enjoy in music. And then when she started singing, she did this quivering with her voice that I like, especially when notes are elongated. The lyrics didn't really get me going until she referenced "the broken ones" or "shattered heart" and then I felt really... I don't know, just compelled by the song, because I feel like that defines me. And those lyrics are words I've heard before in music, so I felt more comfortable.

- Craig

Are all those little Wasian looking kids her siblings? She's better than the other females that are big right now, that's all I know.

Not the worst thing I've ever heard, but one of the dumbest things I've seen in a while.

P.S. The industry is doomed.

An obvious statement doesn't make it less true (and certainly not less relevant). And an obvious answer is not an obvious statement, especially when the question is a complete and total non-sequitur.

But cool. Good job or something.

Your statement " The (music) industry is doomed" was an obvious statement. I made an ***hole comment on it and asked you to tell me how the war on drugs was going? (Which also has an obvious answer).

An obvious statement doesn't make it less true (and certainly not less relevant). And an obvious answer is not an obvious statement, especially when the question is a complete and total non-sequitur.

But cool. Good job or something.

I think what Numberica was trying to say is this:

81751531.jpg