What's new

Did I sell out if....

O Gatinho

Banned
Okay, so I needed some new basketball shoes. I like light, low profile, sturdy shoes. No need for massive cushion; quick cutting is all I require. I went to Footlocker because they were having a 30% off sale on selected basketball shoes. I tried on 4 pair. One was obviously the right shoe; it's actually everything I've been asking for in a bball shoe. I get set to buy them and I notice they are endorsed by Kobe Bryant. I seriously just about walked out the door, but I didn't. I bought them. Did I sell out?

Its a pair of shoes. If you like them and they are what you are looking for who the hell cares who "endorsed" them.

Wait, nevermind... I just found out they are sponsored by the University of Miami. I'm defecate on them right now... typing with one hand... balancing my squat with the other...

I'd like to get a sane person's opinion here...

A sane person to tell you if the shoes you bought based on their construction is equal to selling out because of who has been paid to advertise them? OK, hold on, let's try to find some sane people to help you out...

nike-zoom-kobe-iv-5.jpg

Kobe has some nice shoes but I would NEVER buy or wear a pair. Same thing with Jordan's. Even when I was a kid, I saw a nice pair of sneakers in a store that was going out of business and having a killer sale, tried them on and liked them, but they were red and black and I couldn't bring myself to getting them since those were Bulls colors.

Now, I do wear Air Gil Zero's for ballin. I didn't need them, but they were sick and I got them at a killer price. Plus they are black and blue and match my Jazz shorts that I always wear. My latest pair was this, the green one, to wear with my throwback shorts:

adidas-forum-mid.jpg

Lets see your shoes Gat.

I couldn't have done that. Just like in fantasy basketball if Kobe was still around in the 250th round I wouldn't pick him.

Okay, so I needed some new basketball shoes. I like light, low profile, sturdy shoes. No need for massive cushion; quick cutting is all I require. I went to Footlocker because they were having a 30% off sale on selected basketball shoes. I tried on 4 pair. One was obviously the right shoe; it's actually everything I've been asking for in a bball shoe. I get set to buy them and I notice they are endorsed by Kobe Bryant. I seriously just about walked out the door, but I didn't. I bought them. Did I sell out?

Does "endorsed by" mean "have his name on"? Or just it just mean that he does commercials for them? If the latter, you're OK. If the former, you're a sell out.