What's new

Did Trout win?

It's President Trout now. Show some respect.

I can't find anything about the city council races specifically. One article said that in Salt Lake County only 2 incumbents lost and they were both mayors. My bet is no.

Ah, that sucks. Here is his official statement, I guess:

https://www.voteballou.com/

Unfortunately, on Tuesday, October 22, I withdrew my name from the election. I wish to thank everyone who supported me, my family, and our efforts to get some things changed in Taylorsville. My decision to withdraw was based on the fact that the negativity surrounding Larry Johnson and my relationship (he is my father in law) was starting to negatively affect Larry's campaign. There is almost nothing in this world I would like to do more than win this election, and to serve the awesome people of this city, but that being said, I feel that the residents of our city need to have Larry Johnson as their representative much more than they need little old me. I am proud to have him in my life and I am proud of the direction that he wants to move Taylorsville. I encourage everyone to take a good hard look at what he has to say and the plans that he has.

Again, thank you for all of your support!

TAYLORSVILLE CITY MAYOR
Total
Number of Precincts 42
Precincts Reporting 42 100.0 %
Times Counted 5736/24595 23.3 %
Total Votes 5683
LARRY JOHNSON 3007 52.91%
JERRY W. RECHTENBACH 2642 46.49%
Write-in Votes 34 0.60%

Well, at least there's that.

So, looking at Trout's profile, seems like he's been absent for some time. Used to be very noticeable when he took even a day off. Now there is never a shortage of "Trout-age" on the boards.

From what I can see, Trout's father-in-law ended up getting mayor, and beating the incumbent. Isn't that what he wanted a couple of years ago?

He's good guys. Great even. He ended up dropping out of the race not to save someone else's chance, but because he believes he found his true calling with grappling. I guess he wants an MMA career.

And of all the ridiculous things he could do to train for that, he's moving to Alaska to learn Brazilian Jujitsu. Something about an Alaskan wolf pack.. I assume it's someone he met in Vegas when he went to that tournament.

He hasn't been on much as he's really trying to focus on it hard. Kind of admirable at his age to up and leave like this at his age, but I support the guy.

He's good guys. Great even. He ended up dropping out of the race not to save someone else's chance, but because he believes he found his true calling with grappling. I guess he wants an MMA career.

And of all the ridiculous things he could do to train for that, he's moving to Alaska to learn Brazilian Jujitsu. Something about an Alaskan wolf pack.. I assume it's someone he met in Vegas when he went to that tournament.

He hasn't been on much as he's really trying to focus on it hard. Kind of admirable at his age to up and leave like this at his age, but I support the guy.

Confirmed

Trout: on your way to Alaska (if you happen to pop through Edmonton) I know a guy who knows a guy who could give you a mean rusty-trombone.

I know you're into that sort of thing. Gimme a shout, doe.

Is this seriously true? Dude is quitting the insurance biz and uprooting the family to Alaska all in the name of becoming a cage fighter? You've got to be ****ting me.

Is this seriously true? Dude is quitting the insurance biz and uprooting the family to Alaska all in the name of becoming a cage fighter? You've got to be ****ting me.

No its not true