What's new

Dirk Nowitzki is Back to His Ultimate Form - Who is More Worthy for the Epic 8th Spot?

Who will make the Playoffs?

• Jazz

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mavericks

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Lakers

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CitizenofCapua

9 games to go and Jazz & Lakers 1.5 games apart from Dallas.. Nowitzki and Dallas won 8-4 in their last 12 games and Ultimate Nowitzki shooting 52.2/47.7/95.7 from the field at this stretch. They just won 2 big games against the teams that Jazz couldn't able to get single W (Chicago and Clippers) this season and they were just big ones and looks like they will shave their beards earlier than we thought. One more W and they're at .500 mark. So who is more demanding contender against Utah for the "precious" 8th seed.. Lakers or Dallas? Kobe plays through with bone spur and Nash plays through with lingering injuries, MWP had a knee surgery and closed the season. Looks like when Nowitzki plays like that Dallas got the upper hand comparing with perishable Lakers and seems like they got a thougher schedule than Dallas but can Dallas overtake our Jazz? Or Houston got a good reason to feel themselves insecure?

Personally i would rather see Mavericks vs. Spurs and epic PF match-up between Nowitzki and Duncan than see Jazz getting swept by 4-0 or 4-1 and Duncan going against Jeffy. I dont know you guys but i dont have the stomach for it. I know some will hate me for this but that's the reality and earlier experiences was not so heart-warming. Oh and 12th pick>14th pick.

Here is the remaining schedule for these 3 teams;

Jazz;
-----------------
vs. Nets (W)
vs. Blazers
vs. Nuggets
vs. Hornets
@ Golden State
vs. Thunders
vs. Grizzlies
@ Minnesota
@ Memphis

Lakers
------------
@ Sacramento (W)
vs. Dallas
vs. Memphis
@ Los Angeles
vs. Hornets
@ Portland
vs. Warriors
vs. Spurs
vs. Rockets

Dallas
------------
@ Los Angeles
@ Denver
@ Sacramento
@ Portland
vs Phoenix
vs Denver
@ New Orleans
vs Memphis
vs New Orleans

So who got the better chance for the 8th seed and why? Discuss...

P.S. We all love our team but try to be objective please.

Last edited:
Dallas could make a huge statement in its next two games. But I think it'll be the Jazz. And a deja vu thing.

The jazz, once again, control their own destiny. That precious coveted 8th seed, yea, even the position of first sacrificial lamb to the spurs is ours to lose. Bring on the spurs, baby.

I think the mavs vs spurs would be the best (most even) matchup of the bunch.

4kpat0.jpg

What, come on !!! Dirk Nowitzki is overrated when you got BIIGG-AAAL.

man you are right! Also Jefferson teh Boss is better than everybody but wilt chamberlain who 's ceiling is wilt chamberlain in the era that we are in

GO BİG AL GO JAZZ

/GREEEEEEEEENNN