What's new

DL Practically Begging For Somene To Take 23 & 35 Off His Hands

sojodave

Every interview I hear from DL, he is practically begging teams to take 23 & 35 off his hands. If we do trade the picks, I hope we use them to move up from 5, but he keeps talking about bringing in a vet for those picks. Who could we bring in for 23 and 35.

dl.jpg

Attachments

• dl.jpg
    dl.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 18
Every interview I hear from DL, he is practically begging teams to take 23 & 35 off his hands. If we do trade the picks, I hope we use them to move up from 5, but he keeps talking about bringing in a vet for those picks. Who could we bring in for 23 and 35.

View attachment 3535

Taking the 35 off the Jazz hands makes no sense unless it can be used as a filler in a deal because the contract is non guaranteed.

i thought this draft supposed to be deep
It is. But considering the Jazz will be one of the youngest teams in the league, adding some quality vets may be a better option than bringing in four rookies (including Neto). As it stands right now, Jeremy Evans could be the oldest on the team next season - provided the Jazz release JLIII. Our opinion of "vets" has been tainted by remembering guys like RJ, Howard, Bell, etc. I think DL would look to add a player who still has upside but another team maybe can't afford, like KOC did with Boozer and Memo.

Also just read that the Celtics, Lakers and Kings are shoping their picks. Possibly the Cavs...

Also just read that the Celtics, Lakers and Kings are shoping their picks. Possibly the Cavs...
It's an interesting phenomenon that in a draft considered to be pretty strong, so many teams want to trade out. Pressure from owners and fans of Cleveland and Kings to make the playoffs. I can only assume Lakers and Celtics may be looking to acquire players to then offer Minnesota for Love.

It's an interesting phenomenon that in a draft considered to be pretty strong, so many teams want to trade out. Pressure from owners and fans of Cleveland and Kings to make the playoffs. I can only assume Lakers and Celtics may be looking to acquire players to then offer Minnesota for Love.

I bet a lot of them just want to see if a team will give them a huge haul for the pick BECAUSE of how good the draft is. I doubt people trade out unless they get a huge offer which they are trying to sort through I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sign the vets on the open market, you don't give up picks in a deep draft for them.
Depends on the player. Obviously, if you're stocking the back of the roster, you can always get players the caliber of JLIII, Raja, etc. But I'm guessing DL will go after quality players in trades. And the free agent market is pretty sparse this year.

Just sign the vets on the open market, you don't give up picks in a deep draft for them.

This. If they are worried about having too many young guys, they can send those who are rawest down to the D League to get some burn. Aren't the Jazz entering into a one: one deal with the Stampede? If so, it will be the same system, and they can also invite some of them to participate in Jazz practices.

Seems like a stupid thing for DL to be considering, especially since the other day he reiterated how the Jazz are in this rebuild until it's complete. Talked about freeing up the time for young guys, because they wanted to give them time to develop (ESPN 700 interview from May 29th). So, with all of those tidbits, the vet probably wouldn't be anyone special. Why trade picks he tanked for!?

This. If they are worried about having too many young guys, they can send those who are rawest down to the D League to get some burn. Aren't the Jazz entering into a one: one deal with the Stampede? If so, it will be the same system, and they can also invite some of them to participate in Jazz practices.

Seems like a stupid thing for DL to be considering, especially since the other day he reiterated how the Jazz are in this rebuild until it's complete. Talked about freeing up the time for young guys, because they wanted to give them time to develop (ESPN 700 interview from May 29th). So, with all of those tidbits, the vet probably wouldn't be anyone special. Why trade picks he tanked for!?

He's also talked about having a MAX slot available if they had a player they liked and he wanted to play for Utah. I'm not talking about the "flotsam and jetsam" of the league. Utah still had time allotted for Jefferson, Marvin, Garrett and a few others last season.

Jazz need to add at least 4 players to the roster:
1. 3rd big to get backup PF minutes (Kanter and Favors 30-35 each, Gobert 15-20). Assume foul trouble, injuries, etc. This player is going to average 15-20 mins/per.
2. Backup PG. Preferably to replace Garrett as the 2nd PG, with Dante moving to 3rd position and JLIII being released. Could be Neto, but Perrin didn't sound too encouraging on that point.
3. Starting SF. Assume Hayward remains the starting SG. Or, if Hayward starts at SF, then this becomes a backup SF role.
4. Additional wing. Even by adding a SF, Jazz still need a 4th wing.

Favors (33); Gobert (15)
Kanter (30); Vonleh or FA (18)
Trade or Pick (24); Hayward (14)
Hayward (18); Burks (30)
Burke (30); ? (18); Garrett

I know many of you will say, "but what about Evans, Thomas, Murphy, etc.?" Those players are all deep bench. You use them if there are injuries. But they're not regular rotation quality - not if you want to compete for a playoff spot.

All teams need a core of 8 players. Jazz MIGHT have 6, although I'm hesitant to say Burke is a "keeper." I think Gobert develops, but I could be wrong. If the Jazz could add a stud at #5 and then trade their picks for either a starter or 6th-man type, that would be ideal. After that, if the Jazz have an opportunity to make a Harden-like deal, they do it.

So who do you guys like more Jose Calderon at 7.4 per for 3 more years or Jarett Jack at 6.3 for 2 more years?

Veteran big man illysova, Jason Thompson, or Carl Laundry?

How about 23 for Eric Gordon? Crap, play all vets for 2 seasons, let all the vets walk. Play one season hopelessly lost and then reload with more vagabond vets?

Are the Jazz trying to move the team to Seattle, or is Gregor miller trying to inspire me to turn off my TV and go home teaching?

It is. But considering the Jazz will be one of the youngest teams in the league, adding some quality vets may be a better option than bringing in four rookies (including Neto). As it stands right now, Jeremy Evans could be the oldest on the team next season - provided the Jazz release JLIII. Our opinion of "vets" has been tainted by remembering guys like RJ, Howard, Bell, etc. I think DL would look to add a player who still has upside but another team maybe can't afford, like KOC did with Boozer and Memo.

Well I want the most talent the Jazz can get. Just hire a few former players as coaches if you are looking for veteran leadership. Now I am not against trading the picks or using the picks to move up but I think it is stupid to announce you don't want them without even knowing who will be on the board. What happens if the Jazz can move up and find a shooter in the mid-range of the draft. Throw in another second round pick from all the GS picks we got.