What's new

DN: Enes Kanter grew up watching Mehmet Okur

Enes' game is not similar to Memo's game. What made Memo an NBA player, despite the fact that he is not nearly as talented as other Turk NBA players like Hedo, Ilyasova, Kanter, is his work ethic and coach Sloan. Okur changed Jerry's game concept, center concept and coach made him the player he is now. Enes is much more talented than Okur to start however we have seen a lot of great college players and international prospects not even making a long NBA career out of the talent they had.

in turkey lots of people support jazz cuz of memo, and i cant imagine what happens if enes joins.
but im the only freaking jazz fan in CA

in turkey lots of people support jazz cuz of memo, and i cant imagine what happens if enes joins.
but im the only freaking jazz fan in CA

I lived there during Kobe and Shaq's 3-peat. It was terrible.

I was a King's fan.

I lived there during Kobe and Shaq's 3-peat. It was terrible.

I was a King's fan.

last yeaar i was watching lakers series together with 8 lakers fan, and i was shouting more than them, so i guess , 1 jazz fan equals 8 lakers fans

Memo is money- You might need a new moniker, signature and picture by the end of this offseason

The chances are very low, though :) I'm almost sure that Memo will end his career in Utah, he will accept MLE or any reasonable contract that the Jazz will offer unless the lockout lasts longer than expected. The fact that Memo is, indeed, money would not change after all.

I hope another Turkish player will play for my beloved Jazz. Having Enes would not hurt, I guess. Some may argue that we already have a logjam at frontcourt but you still cannot count on Memo, and he will not be a 30+ min guy plus BigAl-Millsap-Favors trio is not convincing enough for me. Fes is a bust + Elson is done. There you have some reasons to draft Kanter :D

What made you a jazz fan?

I'm from Utah originally. Grew up watching Stockton and Malone - even as far back as the Dantley, Golden Griff, Ricky Green days. Ah nostalgia.
When I was in L.A. I couldn't watch much Jazz so I rooted for whoever was playing the Lakers that night. This is back when Adleman was coaching the Vlade, Bibby, Peja, Hedo, Webber Kings. Back when they got jobbed in the western conference finals (conspiracy). They were so fun to watch. I really love Adleman's teams. No offense to Ty but I would love it if Adleman coached the Jazz. The jazz will always be my number one team.

I'm from Utah originally. Grew up watching Stockton and Malone - even as far back as the Dantley, Golden Griff, Ricky Green days. Ah nostalgia.
When I was in L.A. I couldn't watch much Jazz so I rooted for whoever was playing the Lakers that night. This is back when Adleman was coaching the Vlade, Bibby, Peja, Hedo, Webber Kings. Back when they got jobbed in the western conference finals (conspiracy). They were so fun to watch. I really love Adleman's teams. No offense to Ty but I would love it if Adleman coached the Jazz. The jazz will always be my number one team.
Well, some parallels to my situation. I live in LA and one of my friends calls me the "anti-fan" becuase I root for anyone who is playing against the Lakers (well them and Miami this year). I'm old enough to remember the first Utah Jazz teams. I'm even old enough to remember the ABA and the Utah Stars!

I watched that playoffs, and it was the first time I really thought it was fixed. I also like Adleman as a coach for the Jazz. I guarantee you he would have figured out where the Jazz need to go on offense and defense with the games and time Corbin has had.

Yeah, in response to the refs obviously stealing game 6 from the Kings, Ralph Nader wrote a letter to David Stern. It was pretty awesome. But it might as well had been written by me - it had the same effect. Stern's an a-hole.

GlassEater - I don't remember the ABA or the Utah stars, so I guess you win.
What is that you're using as your avatar?

Despite the Kings/Jazz playoff battles, I really got on board with that 2001-02 Sacramento team. Watching them grow through that season and playoff run in which they developed the physical and mental toughness needed to reach the brink of a championship was amazing. Their high-potent offense was no match for the Jazz and caused the Lakers all kinds of problems.

That said, their offense wasn't so much Adelman as it was assistant coach Pete Carril with whom Adelman entrusted to install many elements of his vaunted Princeton offense - the perfect system for the elite talent on those Kings' rosters.

I want the Jazz to have what that team had.
Hire Carril right now.
Having a shooter like Peja, and bigmen who can shoot and pass like Vlade and Webber would help as well.
Actually, I think the DWill/Boozer teams from 2006-10 are pretty comparable to those Sacramento teams. Carril is one of the best minds in basketball, but personally I would go a different direction.