What's new

do jazz really need another wing player when we have miles?

most people think we should get a great wing player in this draft, but im not sure if should do that with the way Miles is playing.

i would go for a sf/pf combo man like Vesely who is similiar to AK or another great PG like Irving or even Walker with our NJ pick and hopefuly Jimmer with our 2nd pick

Clearly, we are now fully set with shooters. How many more could an NBA team need than one? LOL.

Jazz need to get it through their thick skulls: shooting, shooting, shooting. Right now, discounting Memo who may not play again, the Jazz have one and only one shooter, CJ. As we all know, he is very inconsistent. Who else is there? None. Hayward is coming around, but can you count on him? At a minimum, Price needs to go for someone who can hit a 3 point shot with consistency. This has got to be one of the poorest shooting NBA teams ever assembled.

Clearly, we are now fully set with shooters. How many more could an NBA team need than one? LOL.

Jazz need to get it through their thick skulls: shooting, shooting, shooting. Right now, discounting Memo who may not play again, the Jazz have one and only one shooter, CJ. As we all know, he is very inconsistent. Who else is there? None. Hayward is coming around, but can you count on him? At a minimum, Price needs to go for someone who can hit a 3 point shot with consistency. This has got to be one of the poorest shooting NBA teams ever assembled.

Hayward has the best three point percentage on the team as a 21 year old rookie. But we can count on Miles more than him?

He had a good game, and a decent game. He's had a few streaks like that before. Way... WAY to early to get excited.

Yes. We need consistency at the wing. Streaks are nice, and can help get you in great playoff position, but we need a Ray Allen. And by that, I mean a guy that's going to work his butt off getting good. Someone that's the first one on the floor, shoots 200-300 shots, then goes back in to mentally prepare.

What`s with the faith in Miles?

CJ had one monster game so the homers go through the standard MO. Claiming that this one game is really who CJ is and not every other game he has played this season. Using this as "proof" that he really is a phenomenal 3pt shooter when his % is the lowest in his career. All of a sudden he is the wing and scorer we always needed, even though his game play and scoring this season has been incredibly sporadic.

Pretty standard stuff from the CJ homers. You just have to weather the storm. His next few mediocre to bad games will be brushed off as the anomalies instead of this one game being seen as the aberration it really is. Finally it will settle down.

I wish in the biggest way that this would be his breakout game. But all the previous evidence says otherwise.

what's with everyone believing in miles? the guy has a good game every 20 games, that doesn't work in the nBA

Im really impressed, you have consistently been the worst poster on Jazzfanz over the past month, congratulations.

If CJ Miles plays consistent the rest of the year than I would say no reason to go after a wing player. But CJ Miles has never shown consistency.

He is playing great but he still jacks too many 3 point shots. Doesn't get to the foul line enough. Shot selection is still bad. So we will see. He could easily become an all-star if he improved his playmaking and getting to the foul line.

If CJ Miles plays consistent the rest of the year than I would say no reason to go after a wing player. But CJ Miles has never shown consistency.

He is playing great but he still jacks too many 3 point shots. Doesn't get to the foul line enough. Shot selection is still bad. So we will see. He could easily become an all-star if he improved his playmaking and getting to the foul line.

I'm sorry. One great game does not equate to "playing great." Big Al is playing great. CJ is playing inconsistently. You can count on CJ Miles to play spectacularly well every eighth game. Sometimes you'll get two in a row. Most of the time he's below average. Sometimes he's downright awful. I suspect that if you gave any scrub in the league the burn that Miles gets, they'd do the same thing. Put Vujacic or Casspi or somebody on this team and give them the green light to jack up a contested three pointer from two feet beyond the arc whenever they want, and they'll get hot about every eighth game and put 20+ points on the board. CJ is total fool's gold. It's amazing how, whenever he has one of his good games, we start to believe. We start to say, "what if... what if he could do this consistently?"

He can't. That's why he's CJ Miles and not Paul Pierce. The Jazz need help on the wings.

Edited to add: I can see that you and I are in general agreement, Twin Towers. This post was more directed at the room than specifically at you. :)

Miles has nothing to do with this. We need depth at the wings. Look at Portland. Matthews/Roy/Fernandez/Batum. Wallace can play some 3. A huge part of their surge has been the fact they alternate hot hands and play the matchups. Draft whoever, but we've got plenty of room for good wings.

The problem we have is AK plays a wing position (SF) but moves more like a quicker PF without the strength of most NBA PF's. CJ and Hayward, and hopefully Evans could become very good wings, IMO. AK is a poor wing; can't dribble in traffic at all!!
ABSOLUTELY go with BPA when the draft comes...

Using this as "proof" that he really is a phenomenal 3pt shooter when his % is the lowest in his career .
Not true. This is not the worst 3pt% of his career. It would be his 4th worst. At 34.5% he's better than last year and the 1st 2 years he was in the league. As a starter he really has been a good 3pt shooter this year. As the backup when he was the only scoring threat he struggled.