Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No.

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • I believe in reincarnation.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don't believe in existence.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't actively think about it but yes I believe in it.

You needed an "I don't know" option or "I don't care" or similar. I am sure plenty of people just don't know or really don't care as it doesn't really affect their day to day lives. Whether you believe in it or not it makes sense to be a good person to grease the machinery of society.

What are your thoughts about it? Do you think about it a little more than the common folk?

Good to know it's common folk that don't believe.

Actually there are findings that less educated people have a stronger tendency to be religious. The religion gives them a tool to sort their life and provide emotional stability. It's easily accessible as it's static in its teachings.
More educated tend to find these tools more often in social interaction/relationships on a level of trust that provides the necessary security to deal with feelings and strengthens confidence.

You needed an "I don't know" option or "I don't care" or similar. I am sure plenty of people just don't know or really don't care as it doesn't really affect their day to day lives. Whether you believe in it or not it makes sense to be a good person to grease the machinery of society.
This

I don't know and I don't care.

What I've seen and felt from them made me believe in it by heart when it was all family taught religious belief before. But I'm sometimes non-decided about how it would be or the multi-dimensional methodology of it.

Sorry for that. As a poll, it should include it. I just didn't think anyone who doesn't care would care to come here and post opinion.

Just because we might not care that an afterlife does or does not exist doesn't mean we aren't interested in other people's opinions. This is a forum. If none of us cared what other people think none of us would be here.

If you're mormon you don't believe in it, or it won't bake your noodle?

I'm interpreting "before life" as this life on earth. If that's the case than Mormons already believe that. So it won't bake their noodles.

Just because we might not care that an afterlife does or does not exist doesn't mean we aren't interested in other people's opinions. This is a forum. If none of us cared what other people think none of us would be here.

You're right. I'm sorry. It didn't come to my mind. Actually even existentialist nihilism did, but this one didn't.

The afterlife seems too good to be true....

However this life we live right now also seems to good to be true as well... Imagine explaining the world to an unborn child (pretending they understood you). Explaining what the world is like would seem pretty strange to them, imagine talking about the sun, the ocean, trees, our organs, etc.

Same like gods, unicorns, fairies, Loch Ness monster, Ogopogo, etc.. Until it is not proven I can't believe in it.

Actually there are findings that less educated people have a stronger tendency to be religious. The religion gives them a tool to sort their life and provide emotional stability. It's easily accessible as it's static in its teachings.
More educated tend to find these tools more often in social interaction/relationships on a level of trust that provides the necessary security to deal with feelings and strengthens confidence.

While that may be true on a large scale, there are plenty of people who are converted, so to speak, because of their superior intellectual capacity. From an LDS standpoint, read any of the books by Henry Eyring regarding science and religion. If you take a step back and look at what Mo's believe (and, I guess to some extent, most Christians), science is starting to give rational explanations and theories for some of the wilder beliefs. The God that I believe in would most certainly work his magic through science, and would be taking immense pleasure in watching us figure it all out.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];660482 said:
The afterlife? There's only one?

My thoughts exactly. My idea of an afterlife is much different than Dala's, for example. Who's to say that one of us is wrong, or that both of us are right?