What's new

Do you eat the fortune cookie?

Do you eat the fortune cookie?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No, I just read the fortune.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm better than you & will not acknowledge eating an inauthentic joint that gives fortune cookies.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I've never cared for the cookie.

Covert way of asking if you eat the cookie.

If you don't eat the whole thing before you read the fortune then it won't come true.

"You will be happy when you find happiness."

Then add "in bed" to all of them.

"You will be happy when you find happiness...in bed."

I like them. The Chinese food that comes with them, usually not but once in awhile I like that type of stuff.

I like them. The Chinese food that comes with them, usually not but once in awhile I like that type of stuff.
Well you know what Chinese food should taste like so you have a better point of comparison. Sometimes you get some really good Americanized "Chinese" food, and when you find it, that's a good place to add to the list.

On my mission we spent some time with Chinese students at the university of Vaihingen near Stuttgart. They made us a traditional Chinese meal one night when maybe 8 people made their favorite dishes from their families and showed us how they eat and their customs, and it was awesome. I vaguely recognized the flavors involved but they had a lot more depth and nuance and it was all just better in every way. And there were a few dishes I've never had before or since that were both more exotic and more homey than expected. But it kind of vaguely ruined me for Americanized Chinese food after.

But back to topic, I'm not a fan of the fortune cookies. Very meh.

I had a fortune cookie today.

"You are inspirational."

Consider yourselves inspired.
Lololol

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

They aren’t fortune cookies anymore anyways, just instagram statements you put on a block of wood and hang on your wall or on a sticky note on your mirror. Once that changed I’m sure the “obligation” to eat the cookie did too.

Some place gave out misfortune cookies that were funny. I wonder if I ate the cookies. It would explain a lot.