What's new

Do you think the Jazz will win a NBA championship in the next 10 years......

Do you think the Jazz could win an NBA championship within the next 10 years..... seriously....

• Yes

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 55.8%

• Total voters
Si senor.

But not with teh corbinz

I don't know. Do you think the Jazz will land #1 pick in the next 13 years?

I said "no" because I don't think the organization will do what it takes to get a superstar on this team (ie, they would rather get the 8th seed every year than lose for a year or two to get a superstar).

I say yes. They have the right idea. Just play who is the oldest and who makes the most. Not who is better. Also they are really good at being conservative. So.... I think that's how you win a championship.

I said "no" because I don't think the organization will do what it takes to get a superstar on this team (ie, they would rather get the 8th seed every year than lose for a year or two to get a superstar).

Tanking is for losers green. Dontcha know. Its immoral and stupid. Ill never root for my team to lose. I'd rather just watch them lose fair and square.

if you don't think the jazz have a chance to win a championship in the next 10 years why are you still a fan? I will always think the jazz have a chance. wether they do or not is another question but alot can happen in 10 years and I gotta believe.

I dont think the Jazz have any chance at all. It's just the way the NBA is structured. The Thunder had Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka and didnt win a title. Its insanely hard to win one.

Still a die hard fan.

I'm with you, i go into every game with a mentality believing we will win it. It kills me when we lose even if were playing the best team in the league.
if you don't think the jazz have a chance to win a championship in the next 10 years why are you still a fan? I will always think the jazz have a chance. wether they do or not is another question but alot can happen in 10 years and I gotta believe.

I dont think the Jazz have any chance at all. It's just the way the NBA is structured. The Thunder had Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka and didnt win a title. Its insanely hard to win one.

Still a die hard fan.

I think we're 1 stud wing player slasher type and an above average PG away from contending.

Kanter will be like the next Marc Gasol.

Favors will be like Ibaka (at worst).

Hayward will be like .........

Burks will be like ..........

Ok, may be we need a bit more than I thought.

Let's see....

We might draft Schroeder, Gobert and Adonis Thomas.

We miss a Star at the PG or SF position that will be our first option on offense.

Kanter should be the second and Hayward the third option.

Favors as our defensive stallwart.

Burks as the scoring spark off the bench along with a big man scorer like Landry or West hopefully.

Add some veterans to come off the bench.

Jazz can contend in two or three years with this starting lineup:

Schroeder / Draft or FA
Hayward - Burks - Draft or FA
Superstar - Carroll - Dunleavy - Adonis Thomas
Kanter - Landry type of a player
Favors - Gobert

As I said, we have the nucleus for the following 10 years in Favors, Kanter and Hayward. Landry and Burks as our primary scoring options off the bench. We are one Star PG or SF away from contending. I think we will be a deep team going forward as we used to be.

I believe every year that the Jazz will win a championship if the chips fall in the right places. I think that they can beat any team on any given night as long as they try hard enough.

If we fire Corbin, and
if we can find a good replacement, and
if we draft Dennis Schroeder, and
if Tomic comes over, and
if at least 2 of the core 4 develop into All-Stars,
and if Lebron is injured one year, and if
the stars align we might have a chance.

I'd give it 40% odds if all those things happen.

Even if we do not win we will be one of the top teams in Playoffs.

Winning would be nice. But being as how it is extremely difficult to win it all. Being considered a real contender is the 1st step. I think the Jazz have a chance. After all Stern is leaving.

My fanship has waned the last two years. I posted on here MULTIPLE times that the smart thing to do coming out of the lockout was to play the young guns, and if we lost, great. If the Jazz had followed my advice, the team would probably look like this now:

Lilliard
Hayward
Barnes
Favors
Kanter.

That team would have a shot to compete for a title. The Jazz decided an 8th seed was more important than a title. Hopefully, Lindsey knows that the ONLY shot Utah has is to LOSE. If they stay out of free agency this summer, stick to one and two year deals (unless there is a good role player you can get cheap, for example a 4 year 16-20 million dollar deal for Landry), and play the core 4 the majority of minutes, then my fanship will be back.

Let's say the Jazz play the C4 and are make the playoffs. GREAT!!! That means that Kanter, Favors or Hayward took the next step and can be great. That means the Jazz are young, talented and headed into the best FA class ever with enough $$$ for 1-2 MAX players to go with a playoff team.

Let's say the Jazz play the C4 and SUCK. GREAT!!! That means the young guys gained a ton of experience, took a big step forward, and get a shot at Wiggins or Jabari. Then the Jazz would look like this:

PG - ???
SG - Hayward
SF - Jabari/Wiggins
PF - Favors
C - Kanter

Also, the Jazz STILL have money for another MAX player. Someone like, oh, I don't know...

Kyrie Irving
Brandon Knight
Eric Bledsoe
John Wall

So, yeah, I don't mind if the Jazz suck next year. It will be a HUGE step forward in the quest for a title (see OKC, SA, Ind, Chi, Den, Memphis, GS, etc). You HAVE to suck to win it all in today's NBA.